Why become a member? ×

SOLD ELSEWHERE Sterling by Musicman SB14
£400
Chorley, Lancs. PR6

ead

Next up on the GAS relief project is my SB14.  This bass has a couple of significant upgrades.  Firstly it has the J East MMSR 4-knob, 3-band preamp and also the pickup is a Seymour Duncan SMB4A; the one with Alnico magnets.  I bought it like this so don't have the original bits.

Other than that in very nice condition.  By my scales the bass weighs a nadge over 9lbs and will come with a decent gig bag.

As ever I'd prefer to meet up and am happy to jump in the car and meet half way somewhere rather than risk a courier if humanly possible.  Courier would be the last resort and will be at cost to you.

If you have any questions please ask, or indeed if you want any more pictures. 

Edited by ead

OK here we go folks.  The light is still a bit low so the camera has enhanced the colours a bit.  I lowered the saturation on three of the pics but that's all I've done.

Edited by ead

On 04/08/2019 at 08:42, Mattmit said:

Yes, you have lovely grass! So consistent. And you say it ISN'T AstroTurf? 

Very kind, thanks.

5 hours ago, songofthewind said:

Hmm, your grass looks like somebody might have wee’d on it. Who would do such a thing??

The lovely SB14, on the other hand, looks like it has never been wee’d on. Not once.

I can confirm that the SB14 has never been weed on :)

On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 08:38, ebenezer said:

Is the switch redundant now?

Not at all, functions as it always did:  Series / Single coil / Parallel.  Note that this particular pickup does not have the hum-cancelling phantom coil.

Edited by ead

• ped locked this topic