Why become a member? ×

Amp head bouncing about on studio cab

Cat Burrito

I rehearsed at a new rehearsal studio last night and the deal was that they provide cabs if you bring your head. My main head is the new Orange Terror head and I've used it in conjunction with a range of cabs, with no issues. However the cab I was given was a Peavey 2x15 and the head would slide across the cab as I played. I've been louder so I suspect it was more to do with the bracing of the old studio cab, rather than anything more sinister. I've never had that in 30yrs of playing!

Any ideas of a low or no cost way to stop this from happening. I thought of possibly using a bungee cord as I assume the cab has side handles but something less obvious looking would be even better. I love that head and it's not normally a problem so really just looking for a quick fix on a cab that will only occasionally get used. Thoughts anyone?

2 minutes ago, Paul S said:

That non-slip rubber grip mat stuff would do it.  I had a similar problem with some of those very light D class heads, this solved it.

Yup, done the same in the past. Cheap and easy remedy, Home Bargains / Poundstretcher / B&M type shops usually stock it for around a quid.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, chris_b said:

I would rather my amp wasn't being vibrated as much as that. I'd put it on something else other than the 215.

I thought the same TBH, the cab really shouldn't be vibrating that much. Some older cabs seem to do this unfortunately . ( When I've used a tiny GK MB200 on top of my Barefaced Compact it's never moved at all ).