Why become a member? ×

SANDBERG CALIFORNIA TT4 Passive (New & unused)
£1100
Berwick upon Tweed

Drew Dempster

Brand new & unused bass including Sandberg gig bag. Sandbergs are (substantially) handbuilt & finished in Germany by Bass players!

Reason for sale : downsizing a big collection inc some new/unused basses

The California T range is Sandbergs intelligent re-working of the Jazz theme.....more compact body (lighter), substantial 6-bolt neck connection, more substantial modern bridge, hand shaped necks with sublime playability.

This 'classic'looking instrument has a couple of upgrades on the standard spec - Ash body in lieu of Alder and the white pearl block fingerboard inlays. Street price for a new one is £1400-£1425 (list is £1589) so this represents a significant saving for someone.

2 x Sandberg single coil pickups, 22 medium frets + zero fret. Hi-gloss trans-black body finish. Sandberg stainless steel roundwound strings 40-100 gauge. Nut width is 39.5mm so 1.5mm wider than a Jazz.

Can ship anywhere within the UK (or beyond). Service and cost to be agreed with buyer. Am down in Northwest & West Yorkshire 8th-12th August so that may facilitate a meet up/handover. For any further info please message me or call on 07837-011889.

Oh...the 'mark' on the pickguard is an air bubble in the protective film which is still in place.

DSC_0446.JPG

DSC_0435.JPG

DSC_0432.JPG

DSC_0433.JPG

DSC_0438.JPG

DSC_0439.JPG

DSC_0440.JPG

DSC_0442.JPG

DSC_0441.JPG

DSC_0443.JPG

DSC_0445.JPG

Edited by Drew Dempster
note added about a mark
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

What do you mean "substantially" built in Germany 

1. Most of the instrument is done in Germany, some of it elsewhere ?

2. It is made in Germany , a bass of substance.

I tend to think it is the former, because I was always wondering how a bass of this pedigree and German made could be so cheap in price ??

Thanks

3 minutes ago, bassarama said:

Hummh, okay .....I guess ?

Thank You mate for that info.

This brand is hardly visible at all in Canada and I assumed these were a German made bass, a la Warwick for example ?

They are a German bass, designed and built in Germany by Germans using German wood. The manufacturing of some components (Eg bridge or wire etc) may be done elsewhere. 

So to clarify the California range, essentially all the ‘expensive’ range is all done in Germany. Some woods may come outside the country, eg if they use Canadian Hard Rock maple, other exotic woods etc. BUT it is all cut, glued, shaped, plekd, painted, finished etc in Germany. The tuning keys I think are made in another country, the Sandberg pick ups are not wound in the factory, but they are designed but Sandberg to their specs and made elsewhere.

The Electra range is manufactured in the Far East, BUT the parts are shipped back to Germany and all assembly and testing is done in Germany and final QC in the same factory as everything else, hence the lower cost.

To intensive purposes it’s all pretty much Germany and in house before it goes out to market.

Hope that helps - and they are fantastic basses

The bass is entirely built in Germany to my specification. It was one of the last Sandbergs I ordered into stock before retiring and closing my bass retailing business down. Its offered at a substantial discount. The problem with offering a genuine article at a substantially discounted price is that it makes people suspicious and they start looking for the catch! No catch here....just a brilliant bargain for someone 

• Like 1