Why become a member? ×

Hartke TX600 volume

alexa3020

I'm looking to get a lightweight amp. As much as I like my Hartke HA5500, it is pretty heavy!

The Hartke TX 600 looks good on paper, but there seem to be a lot of people complaining its just not loud enough.

I found this video on Youtube

I think this chap is endorsed by Hartke so I'm not sure whether to believe him, so I have just come to this community for some advice.

Essentially, he says the gain needs to be turned way up to get the volume. With the gain up it will most likely not peak and still play clean.

So, are people using it wrong or is it just not loud enough?

Any opinions will be most welcome.

Thanks

4 hours ago, Cuzzie said:

Or even the LH 500/1000 if you like Hartke is a little lighter and actually good 

Those amps are fantastic value, sound great and are really easy to use. I far prefer them to pretty much any other Hartke I have tried. Classic passive tone stack though, so if you are in the 'I must boost my mids' camp then you are out of luck.

54 minutes ago, thodrik said:

Those amps are fantastic value, sound great and are really easy to use. I far prefer them to pretty much any other Hartke I have tried. Classic passive tone stack though, so if you are in the 'I must boost my mids' camp then you are out of luck.

Yep

you just have to remember flat is 2-10-2 and you are away, some form of pre amp before can always give the mids - great amps

Thanks for the responses chaps - all useful information

14 hours ago, Cuzzie said:

In fact, get their excellent generation 1 Hartke Bass attack pedal and any power amp you want - you have that sound, cheaper and better 

I have found the TC Electronic BQ500 pedal for less than £180, it seems a bit of a steel at that price. It has limited controls, but I guess I could get a preamp pedal if I cant get the tone I'm after. Although I really dont have that much variation in my tone.

8 minutes ago, alexa3020 said:

Thanks for the responses chaps - all useful information

I have found the TC Electronic BQ500 pedal for less than £180, it seems a bit of a steel at that price. It has limited controls, but I guess I could get a preamp pedal if I cant get the tone I'm after. Although I really dont have that much variation in my tone.

Not bad that

Hartke pedal i picked up for £40-50 - left loads of spending room for Haribo and pork scratchings