Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Fender Jaguar Bass (MIJ) Cobalt Blue
£600
Helsinki

Marcray

SOLD - a Fender Jaguar Bass, Made In Japan. Right handed. I believe this was from between 2009-2011, if I’m correct this was the only years the Cobalt blue was offered. The bass can be used passive or active.

I have made many upgrades. Most importantly I have had installed a set of hand made and hand wound pickups by Bobby Popper at Tone Master, a boutique pickup builder in Long Island, New York. They were custom built for this bass with staggered poles (raised A & D) to account for the neck radius.  The original pickups can be included. The bridge is a Gotoh type, high mass bridge, with graph tech saddles. The cavities have been expertly shielded by luthier Scott Morgan of Morgan Guitars here in Helsinki. He also replaced the pots with CTS pots and installed original Fender chrome knobs, replacing the black plastic ones. The tuners are Res-o-lite tuners so there is no neck dive. I swapped the pick guard for tortoise shell which I believe is a great improvement to the looks. Switchcraft input jack. The bass works perfectly, all the switches and knobs.  For the keen eyed people who spot the hipshot d-tuner, this will not be included.  Can include a gigbag.

The Bass has normal wear for a few years of use, but absolutely no dings or dents or scratches of any significance or that I would consider measurable.

I have shipped basses to Finland but none from Finland, so I have very little idea of cost.  In my experience postage to Finland has been in the 50-60 pounds region, which I would consider reasonable, so if it turns out to be significantly more expensive then I can work with serious buyers.  Is that fair?  I’ll try to get a more concrete estimate.

D067D3A8-1328-4439-8B5A-8E7C5008F05B.jpeg

71938B9D-3F75-41D0-A38E-8140FD97548A.jpeg

70139836-819B-4357-A99D-70946A4CBC35.jpeg

4531234B-7C64-4AEC-9429-DF15E734061B.jpeg

B9998AA1-0AEE-4C2B-9F77-F8FF7479736F.jpeg

5E60290D-BB89-4C0F-8BF3-1E2A47867EE0.jpeg

48BE26FF-4AE3-4ABF-BB2F-CCC1CF99CFB1.jpeg

Edited by Marcray
Sold
  • Like 2

I go to Helsinki once a month with work, and I’m next over there in 2 weeks.   I’d be happy to bring the bass back to England for anyone who buys it, and they could pick up from my place (near Warwick) or arrange a U.K. courier. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sblueplanet said:

Interesting mods and I’m sure all done to improve the sound and looks. I would have liked to have seen some pics of bass in its original form too.

Don’t have any.  I think I replaced the bridge and made the pick guard swap within a week of owning it.  I’d never modded a bass at all before so decided to have fun with this one.  I have all the original parts except the pick-guard of course.