Why become a member? ×

WARWICK CUSTOM SHOP 'FORTRESS ONE' (2007)
£850
Berwick upon Tweed

Drew Dempster

OK, I know that Warwick stopped offering the Fortress as a production model in 1999. This was a one-off custom order from 2007 and the chap I bought it from informed me that he was the second owner. It has the fully recessed strap buttons and is offered for sale with a broad leather strap with straplocks fitted and a decent gig bag. It did not come to me with an owners kit.

Reason for sale is that I have over 40 basses and simply need to cut my collection in half...I just can't play them all and we downsized about 12 months ago and i'm struggling for space.

Body is 3 piece maple with a 'honeyburst' gloss lacquered finish. Neck is Ovangkol (bolt-on). Maple fingerboard (rare for Warwick) with 24 medium bell brass frets. Classic P/J pickup configuration, MEC pickups and 2 band EQ. Push-pull active/passive.

There are a couple of cosmetic issues which I've tried to photograph:  there is some crazing in the lacquer on the body just below the control knobs and the fingerboard shows pronounced wear across the end of the neck (body end) and at a couple of fret positions on the fingerboard edge below the G string. Neither affect the playability or enjoyment of the bass and you have to go looking for them. The frets and fingerboard overall are sound. The bass plays and sounds just great...big tight, growly Warwick tone!

Neck profile is quite 'chunky' and I find it a very comfortable bass to play in terms of left hand and balance on the strap. Weight? pretty decent - a bit lighter than a P or J

Can ship anywhere within the UK (and beyond). Service and cost to be agreed with buyer. I also get down to the Northwest and West Yorkshire every few weeks which might enable the buyer to meet me. Please message me for any further info or call me on 07837-011889. Thanks for looking.

DSC_0436 (2).JPG

DSC_0434.JPG

DSC_0441 (1).JPG

DSC_0439 (2).JPG

DSC_0443 (1).JPG

DSC_0438 (1).JPG

DSC_0449 (1).JPG

DSC_0444 (1).JPG

DSC_0446.JPG

DSC_0450 (1).JPG

Edited by Drew Dempster
  • Like 3