Why become a member? Ɨ

bass guitars or amps n effects?

danbowskill

What gets the most gas here? I have a nice P bass, but over many many years my main gas! And spending has always been focused on amps,cabs and effects.... Oi love trying them more tbh

What direction do us bass addicts vere more towards šŸ˜„ ?

I lust after basses more but go through amps and used to go through effects regularly. I guess basses are a much more emotive purchase for me that I agonise over for months, years, sometimes forever... I will one day have a Hofner, one day in the future!! And a sandberg 48, an 80s Aria, two jazz basses (again), something custom, a sixer... Amps just make them louder. Effects just disappoint.Ā 

Definitely basses for me... I donā€™t use any effects and Iā€™m pretty happy with my rig.

Iā€™dĀ been through just about every type of bass before arrivingĀ atĀ the WalsĀ I have now. I havenā€™t bought a bass for the last couple of years butĀ I still GAS for stuff. IĀ trawl through pages and pages of gear most days... Not cause Iā€™m searching for anything in particular, Ā I just likeĀ basses šŸ˜Š

Used to mostly be effects (big time) but spent the best part of a year buying and selling furiously, had a huge board and then realised I was able to strip it down to a bare bones ā€œmost lovedā€ selection.

Only went through a couple of amps before arriving upon the world of FRFR and have been happy ever since.

Now IĀ only GAS for basses. All the time. Help me.

• Haha 1

Basses. I have a wish list for basses, amps, cabs and effectsĀ though. Difference is, for all but the first itā€™s for fulfilling a specific need (portability, tone,Ā because I need xĀ pedal for what Iā€™m doing etc etc).

With basses itā€™s more ā€œIā€™ve always wanted one and Iā€™ll regret it if I donā€™t.ā€Ā I inevitably love what Iā€™ve bought,Ā donā€™t use it,Ā move it on and continue withĀ my tried and tested two Iā€™ve had for years...(only exception to this thus far is my fairly recently purchased Mustang).

Edited by mr4stringz

Itā€™s been basses and amps/cabs for me. For years I was trying to find the rightĀ Precision and Jazz, Precision was easier to find, only sorted the Jazz recently. And amps/cabs, well I was constantly changing them until I played through a few provided Ashdown rigs, at that point I knew which brand of amp & cab I was going to be happy with.

A bit of a 70/30 split forĀ me between basses and cabs/amps (effects have never grabbed me tbh).

I do findĀ my gas is subsiding now though. Ā After tryingĀ lots and realisingĀ what fits and what doesnā€™t, Iā€™m a little more settled. Honest šŸ˜‡