Why become a member? ×

Markbass amp to lend for home use, anyone? Read on....

Chewie

Hello guys and gals......

Here’s a request you don’t see often.

I just bought a Markbass 310 combo.  The amp doesn’t work and needs a £200 board replacement, apparently.

Is anyone out there near Swindon, willing to lend me a Markbass amp to confirm whether I should pay to get the amp repaired?

I wouldn’t want it for long.  It would only be for home use.  I could pay for a fine slab of beer in return.

The vendor of the Markbass cab has plugged my Mesa head into it without its transformer connected..... sob, sob.......

Sonetimes you’ve gotta ask.....

It does actually sound cheeky on paper to be fair.

Anyway, May the force be with you all...

Chewie

16734A1B-9730-4FB3-8014-F33D2EB0CF2D.jpeg

12568421-5686-4316-8DA1-8EFF2FF44A61.jpeg

Edited by Chewie

20 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Love the Chopper bike....bet you get lots of looks and comments when you take that out...

Yes mate, she’s a ripper.  1969 Tallframe.   It matches the Markbass.....!  Not intentional....!

B4D158F1-8E55-48EE-B844-626B19B3A42F.jpeg

1 hour ago, Reggaebass said:

Not sure if this is any help chewie , I’ve got a little mark 250 blackline , you’re welcome to borrow but I’m in east London , don’t know if you ever travel here for work , and I love the chopper 😁

Thanks buddy.  That is a really nice shout.  I was in Hyde Park, working, only the week before last.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rogerstodge said:

Just get it repaired Chewie, I had one and it was the nuts... what will you do with it if you don’t get it fixed?

I totally agree buddy.  I’d just never played anything Markbass before that was all.

I was originally just after a 410 cabinet.

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/07/2019 at 19:35, rogerstodge said:

Just get it repaired Chewie, I had one and it was the nuts... what will you do with it if you don’t get it fixed?

I've had it repaired Roger.  It is the nuts.  I love it.

Japan Axe lent me his Big Bang for a couple of days and it sounded great.

Well happy, I am........!!!

• Like 1

I don't live anywhere near you, but I did own one of those MB 310 combos at one time. 

It was a great amp! I did loads of gigs all over the place with it and it never let me down. If you can get it repaired for £200 (and it doesn't have any other major issues) then I would suggest you go ahead. If you want a bass combo then that is one I would definitely recommend. 

35 minutes ago, peteb said:

I don't live anywhere near you, but I did own one of those MB 310 combos at one time. 

It was a great amp! I did loads of gigs all over the place with it and it never let me down. If you can get it repaired for £200 (and it doesn't have any other major issues) then I would suggest you go ahead. If you want a bass combo then that is one I would definitely recommend. 

Cheers PeteB

I’ve had it repaired and it’s bloody lovely.

I ordered the power board from Sheffield and had it installed locally.  Cost me £150.

Love the Markbass sound...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Chewie said:

I've had it repaired Roger.  It is the nuts.  I love it.

Japan Axe lent me his Big Bang for a couple of days and it sounded great.

Well happy, I am........!!!

Fantastic mate, they’re good for any gig and any band, and WILL be heard over any drummer  or guitarist 👍