Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Yamaha BB P35
£995
London

Al Krow

The P35 is Yamaha's top of the current line BB PJ range, made in Japan. Mine is less than 15 months old and in very good condition. Midnight blue.

Alder/maple, lightweight hardware in a great satin finish. Strung with D'Addario EXL170-5 (as from the factory) and comes with a Yamaha 'plush' hardcase.

It's purely passive, with VVT controls, and like all BBs, the range of tones available is great.

18mm string spacing, and a very comfortable neck. On my scales I make the weight 10.2 lbs, but very well balanced.

I'm not in a particular rush to sell as it's such a lovely bass (and not particularly looking to trade). My work horse BB 1025 is capably meeting my rehearsal and gigging needs and, whilst the P35 is undoubtedly the higher end model, I'm struggling to justify holding on to both and this one will hopefully find its way into another pair of hands as someone's main gigging bass, which is what it deserves to be!

Prefer collection from East London or happy to meet up half way if a reasonable distance, but I can arrange to courier (P&P extra) if needed.

Yamaha BB P35 V.jpg

Yamaha BB P35 IV.jpg

Yamaha BB P35 II.jpg

Yamaha BB P35 VI.jpg

Yamaha BB P35 III.jpg

Yamaha BB P35 VI.jpg

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 6

Oh not again 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Just as I was considering if I needed to check another one out... Would give me a chance to have a proper chat with you this time though! I’ll have a think over the weekend if it’s not gone by then!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TJ Spicer said:

Oh not again 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Just as I was considering if I needed to check another one out... Would give me a chance to have a proper chat with you this time though! I’ll have a think over the weekend if it’s not gone by then!

Kinda amusing as I did almost pm you before listing this, following your recent comment that you played your 735A mostly in passive mode.

And you'll never need a battery for this one! 😁

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bigsmokebass said:

Selling due to not able to "put up" with less inherent grit from passive circuitry.... Or something like that 😂

Haha, yup "something like that"...except that my workhorse BB 1025 is also purely passive :) 

• 4 weeks later...

Haha, thanks guys! I've not been particularly "pushing" this sale (hence my not having bumped it for several weeks). 

I'm planning to load it with some flats shortly and I suspect that will bring something additionally tasty to the party!

However, I've not formally withdrawn it from sale as it deserves to be regularly gigged and if a fellow bassist feels that they could make better use of it than I'm doing, then please get in touch. 

Edited by Al Krow

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, BassKS said:

I love this bass.....

Thanks, it is a great bass :)

I should have mentioned that the amp and cab used in the clip is the clean tone on a DG M900 and a BF Super Contact, with no pedals. So what you hear (best through headphones) is very much the tone of the bass itself in the mix.