Why become a member? ×

is there a way to stop a thread appearing in 'content I've posted in'

Stub Mandrel

Question

The 'bad jokes thread' has just become tired and boring with two members just reposting endless memes. There's other places to go if I want that sort of entertainment, but I don't want to be rude to them or spoil their fun (it's clearly their main interest).

Is there a way for me to stop it popping up in my 'content i've posted in' list as it's juts dogging me and I regret it every time I click on it.

0 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Ricky 4000 said:

If it helps, as a workaround you can unfollow the thread, but would need to use the activity link for 'content I follow' rather than 'content I posted in'.

'content I follow' is perhaps the better quick link for keeping up with the threads of interest anyway?

🙂

I can't find the thread in that list, and I think I've got notifcations switched off.

I'm trying ignoring posts by the 'memesters'

18 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I can't find the thread in that list, and I think I've got notifcations switched off.

I'm trying ignoring posts by the 'memesters'

Hrm... this advice is for on a PC - if you click your username (top right of the screen), and click 'manage followed content' - that list seems to be the place where you can unfollow threads...

Or just go to the thread in question and click the orange 'following' box at the topic header, for a box to pop up where you can click 'unfollow'.

That still won't stop the thread coming up in your 'content I posted in' list if you have posted there though - from what I can tell.

Edited by Ricky 4000
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

If you click unfollow I don’t think you will get notifications,  even if you’ve posted in it 🤔

I've unfollowed the Bad Jokes thread as an experiment:

Because I've previously posted in it, it still shows in the 'content I posted in' activity stream.

But it's gone from 'content I follow' stream because I unfollowed it!

👍 🙂

Edited by Ricky 4000
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ricky 4000 said:

I've unfollowed the Bad Jokes thread as an experiment:

Because I've previously posted in it, it still shows in the 'content I posted in' activity stream.

But it's gone from 'content I follow' stream because I unfollowed it!

👍 🙂

Blimey, it seems I only follow two or three threads - but I didn't think I followed any...