Why become a member? ×

Easy come, easy go

Stylon Pilson

A large, heavy cuboid from Bass Direct showed up on my doorstep this morning. I haven't ordered anything lately, but it's my birthday coming up quite soon, so I signed for it under the assumption that I was getting an inadvertent sneak peek at my present. I lugged it inside, turned it the right way up, and couldn't help noticing "212 MNT" scrawled on the ghetto cardboard packaging. "Oooh, " I thought to myself, "my mum's bought me a Vanderkley 212 MNT for my birthday. That's generous of her. I mean, it's twice as heavy as my current cab, so I can't see myself ever taking it to a gig, but maybe I can sell it on basschat." I checked with my partner, who then contacted my mum, who knew nothing about it. Straaaange.

I called Bass Direct to find out the name of the person who had ordered it so that I could thank them profusely. After a couple of minutes on hold, they revealed that they have another Stylon Pilson on their customer database, and they'd sent it to the wrong one.

I asked if they wanted to collect it, and they said "nah, you can keep that one, it would cost us more to ship it back than it's worth."

Only kidding.

S.P.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not the first time BD have done this. 

I received a very expensive pre-amp instead of the the relatively cheap rack-mounting kit I had ordered. Unfortunately the rack mounting kit was far more valuable and useful to me than a pre-amp, so I was able to do an exchange with BD.