Why become a member? ×

Jon Letts Single Cut - *Traded*
£450
Hemel Hempstead

PKeri

For sale this exciting handcrafted single cut form Jon Letts. I bought this to try the specs (33" / 17 mm string spacing) for a potential custom build.
I'm selling it because I'm really into headless basses now and single cut has never really been my thing anyway.

- Wood: Black Walnut / Maple
- Nut width: 40 mm
- 24th fret: 58 mm (narrower than "factory standard" basses due to the string spacing)
- 3.8 kg / 8.4 lbs
- 2x volume pots
- Bonus nylon flatwound string set
- Mint condition 10/10

Due to the aformentioned specs and smart design the playability is outstanding. The neck along the upper horn is thinner, making the higher frets super easy to reach.
Extremely low action with minimal fretbuzz.

The sound is very punchy, kind of aggressive with the typical single coil character.

A fun to play bass and very suitable for someone with small hands or wrist issues. The low asking price may be misleading hence this is a quality instrument. If you like the look, you'll love it!

Collection from Hemel Hempstead. Shipping to UK/Europe at buyers expense.

Letts_Front.thumb.jpg.9403ed5cecc1931070f1e22a204edb95.jpgLetts_Body.thumb.jpg.eebd017ae722648c1163cc986a4515c9.jpg

Letts_Head.thumb.jpg.aa404053dc68a613c766e481927cd45f.jpgIMG_20190726_170105322.thumb.jpg.c28dee54bfcb07698f8074ef8c15672c.jpg

Edited by PKeri
Price reduced
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

...the bass keeps whispering to me

problem is i never had one of these in my hands & if i go for a 2nd bass i should go for a fretless.

honestly: do you think it would give a singing mwaah tone after defretting, or is it simply too ‚hard‘, due to the maple-fretboard?

greetings from germany,

chris

On 09/11/2019 at 13:03, yorks5stringer said:

I seem to recall there was quite a back-story to Letts Basses, so it's nice to see a real-life example!

You don't see many zero frets about but a great price for a real looker!

He’s Leicester based, tried to organise a “Crowd Funder” last year maybe. The rear of the bass finish is exquisite. My Sandberg has a Zero fret! 

• 4 weeks later...