Why become a member? ×

Have You More Money Than Sense?

Hobbayne

That’s not damage, that’s mojo. You know how it works. That brick looks like an original 31 also, they’re quite rare these days.

Soon, there’ll be bricks for sale just like it, skilfully “relic’d” by artisan builders, selling for a premium and also not damaged.

People will ask “Why don’t you just buy a new brick and damage it yourself through honest wear and tear?” but they just don’t get it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Doctor J said:

That’s not damage, that’s mojo. You know how it works. That brick looks like an original 31 also, they’re quite rare these days.

Soon, there’ll be bricks for sale just like it, skilfully “relic’d” by artisan builders, selling for a premium and also not damaged.

People will ask “Why don’t you just buy a new brick and damage it yourself through honest wear and tear?” but they just don’t get it.

Priceless. :lol:

To be fair, it is a collectible. People really don't get it, @Doctor J Doesn't make sense that 'it's damaged whooo and it's 350 quid'. There's people who would pay thousands for something like that.

If I were to put on the 'on sale' section here THE (broken) NECK OF THE FIRST EVER P BASS - mind you, it's twisted, unplayable and so forth. I would bet you 10% of the sale price that you'd have people coming in in DROVES to put their hands on a 'useless' piece of history.

Peace out

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, akabane said:

If I were to put on the 'on sale' section here THE (broken) NECK OF THE FIRST EVER P BASS - mind you, it's twisted, unplayable and so forth. I would bet you 10% of the sale price that you'd have people coming in in DROVES to put their hands on a 'useless' piece of history.

It's not really on the same level though? This brick is more akin to the hairnet worn by a lady who worked at a crisp factory that made a bag of ready salted that Jaco once ate.

S.P.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Stylon Pilson said:

It's not really on the same level though? This brick is more akin to the hairnet worn by a lady who worked at a crisp factory that made a bag of ready salted that Jaco once ate.

S.P.

Haha brilliant 😁

I look at it more like a piece of the Berlin Wall, which you can also get on the Bay. This one is £95, but there are smaller pieces for a lot less - 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F323837548836

4 minutes ago, 4000 said:

Will it make me as famous as the Beatles?

If you chuck it through the window of !0 Downing Street or Buck House, it probably will, for a short time at any rate...

Edited by Dan Dare
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Dan Dare said:

If you chuck it through the window of !0 Downing Street or Buck House, it probably will, for a short time at any rate...

Now there's a great suggestion! Though you could do that with less expensive bricks.... :) 

I remember buying a brick at B&Q, the cashier gave me a receipt for 8p. I was thinking...."hmmm yeah if the brick goes faulty, I'll bring it back for a refund, thanks". 

I guess it could have been purchased in error, or needed for accounting reasons, or developed a crack or is the wrong specification etc.

Hrm, where's the advertising standards commission when you need them...

The walls of Studio Two are imprinted with the sound waves of these iconic artists, which is why this space continues to inspire musicians to deliver their very best work to this day

• Haha 3

Are they doing this to raise money for a charity? Didn't see anything in the ad but only skimmed through. You can see people paying that if it were for a charity... Meaning self employed types who can write off tax against it as a charitable donation.