Why become a member? ×

Peavey T-Max 210 combo - loud?

Paul S

My quest for an old combo to keep at the rehearsal space is over, I think.  I seem to have bought a Peavey T-Max 210 combo on eBay today rather cheaply.  Says 350W as a stand alone unit - can I assume, from peeps who have owned one of these, that these are old school, Peavey Watts and I am unlikely to need another cab to wring out a few more watts?  It'll go down to 2Ohm, apparently - and the guy does have a matching 4 x 10 (!) available, also cheap, but I am not sure I want to go down that road... :) 

Muchas Gracias

They're good combos Paul, so long as it's not going to get moved from it's (probably final?!) resting place! Not sure if the 10" speakers are the same as in the old 210TX cabs or not - IMHO brilliant sounding but 350 watts is the peak power, 175watts RMS handling IIRC. They may be uprated ones for the power of the combo though?

My tech guy has always doubted the claims to be able to run comfortably into 2 ohms by Peavey, making the amp run really hot and possibly reducing it's lifespan. ( Am sure people on here may tell you otherwise though, my guy is an old school chap who doubts manufacturer's specs all the time!) 

If you don't get on with it, give me a shout - I have my old Trace AH500 head that is looking for it's final resting place soon I fear. Would be happy for you to have it mate. 🙂

• Thanks 1

Thanks Pete, that is a kind offer.  I'm picking up the combo, with or without the 410, on Sunday so we'll see how it works out :)

But, yes, once it is all offloaded from my car into the barn we rehearse in (our drummer is a farmer and happens to have a couple of C12 barns on the estate :) ) that is exactly where it is all staying! 

Well, I collected it this morning.  Managed to get it into the house by myself somehow without damaging my back or the house.   Switched on - noisy fan, no biggie.  Had a rudimentary fiddle with the knobs and got a really nice sound pretty quickly.  Input gain on tube and solid state stages both on 3 o'clock and combined.  EQ pretty much flat and engaged.  Glad I left the 4x10 behind, can't see ever needing it as this baby is LOUD!!  Master vol at No. 1 or 2 will probably do it :swoon:  £100 well spent, I'd say.

• Like 1