Why become a member? ×

Music Doppelgangers - Anyone Got One?

Shutterbug

My mum called me once around the time Blink 182's Enema Of The State was out, she was watching MTV and said, 'There's a boy on TV who looks like you.'  Turns out it was Mark Hoppus.  Interestingly, I was in a music store somewhere in Sarasota one time and two girls followed me around and plucked up enough courage to ask me whether I was Mark Hoppus. 

Maybe it's just the hair.

P1010710.thumb.jpg.17887707e0c5f1c1166e545865006574.jpg

1 hour ago, NancyJohnson said:

My mum called me once around the time Blink 182's Enema Of The State was out, she was watching MTV and said, 'There's a boy on TV who looks like you.'  Turns out it was Mark Hoppus.  Interestingly, I was in a music store somewhere in Sarasota one time and two girls followed me around and plucked up enough courage to ask me whether I was Mark Hoppus. 

Maybe it's just the hair.

P1010710.thumb.jpg.17887707e0c5f1c1166e545865006574.jpg

Sam Ash by any chance, up the airport road.

51 minutes ago, steantval said:

Sam Ash by any chance, up the airport road.

Honestly couldn't say.  We were staying with friends in Venice, I asked if there were any guitar stores locally, my mate had an office in Sarasota so we were passengers while he drove us around.

You in the area?

When I was a teenager, people said I looked like Donny Osmond (who is three weeks younger than me). Later, other people said I looked like Meat Loaf. Then when I was forty or so, it was Jack Nicholson. The most recent comparison was Barry off East Enders (whoever he is/was). It's just been a gradual decline...

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NancyJohnson said:

Honestly couldn't say.  We were staying with friends in Venice, I asked if there were any guitar stores locally, my mate had an office in Sarasota so we were passengers while he drove us around.

You in the area?

If it was Sam Ash you would certainly remember it, the store is BIG, like a supermarket.

14 hours ago, Ricky 4000 said:

Is this you?? Because you could actually get burned by a bit of spitting fat, if you're frying like that without much on... 😃

melisauf.jpg

Haha! I wish.. I was basically that shape in about 2000ish though.. :D Plus or minus the odd lump or bump here and there...

Edited by operative451
  • Like 1

For those from the North East - as a rotund ginger kid with glasses, I often used to get likened to local newsreader Mike Neville.

Not really a musician, but I did have his "Larn Yersel Geordie" LP he made with George House.

"Geordie hurt his leg.  He went to the doctor.  The doctor said it was healing well, and he should be walking soon.  Walk? Geordie says, Aah cannat even waaaaalk!!" 

• Like 1

When I'm playing bass I always get Suzie Quattro. Largely because she's the only female bass player most punters have heard of. But to be fair I think I do resemble her more than any other bass player. Especially if I've got me leather trousers on. 

I've also been likened to Diane Keaton on more than one occasion. Though as far as I know she doesn't play bass! 😁

• Like 2

16 hours ago, tauzero said:

When I was a teenager, people said I looked like Donny Osmond (who is three weeks younger than me). Later, other people said I looked like Meat Loaf. Then when I was forty or so, it was Jack Nicholson. The most recent comparison was Barry off East Enders (whoever he is/was). It's just been a gradual decline...

I was saddened reading this.
Also, it's so unnecessary!  In my book, you still look like Donny Osmond! 🙂
(That said, these days Donny Osmond sadly looks a lot worse than even Barry off EastEnders.) 😐

Edited by BassTractor

In sixth form my hair started to get towards a decent length and I had photochromic lenses in my glasses, I was/am also tall. I was pretty much universally known as 'Joey' (Ramone).

I went to Uni and didn't tell anyone about my nickname, but for four or five years more people called me Joey than Neil... despite my flowing locks getting far longer. Some people got freaked out when people called me Neil and I responded.

Some years after the hair went short a few people  told me I looked like Peter Buck (took me a while to suss out who he was without the net...)

These days George Clooney gets mistaken for me 🙂

I always liked to think that I bore a strong resemblance to Burt Reynolds when I was younger, especially when he wore a beard.o.O  No-one else saw it, unfortunately, but I was told a number of times when I was in my 20s that I looked like Peter Sutcliffe. 😖 Doh!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Paul S said:

I always liked to think that I bore a strong resemblance to Burt Reynolds when I was younger, especially when he wore a beard.o.O  No-one else saw it, unfortunately, but I was told a number of times when I was in my 20s that I looked like Peter Sutcliffe. 😖 Doh!

My best mates dad is the image of Harold Shipman. 

1 hour ago, bassbiscuits said:

6 hours ago, Paul S said:

That could be a new thread Murderer Doppelgängers Anybody got one?............😀

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, bassbiscuits said:

I don’t have a beard, but a few years ago, I grew one,  until one day looking in the mirror with my glasses on, Harold Shipman stared back at me.  Within 10 minutes the beard was off!

(As an aside, my school in Nottingham was only a couple of miles away from the school he went to, and being the same age as HS, I would have played rugby against him more than once.  My claim to infamy!)

• Haha 1

Not totally music, but close.  One of these two is me, the other the late John Peel. Things got confusing at one point when we worked on the same radio station. It got confusing again when I walked into pubs after JP's death and you could see people's brows beetling as they tried to work out why I wasn't dead.

JVP.jpg

Edited by lownote12
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1