Why become a member? ×

(SOLD) 1978 Fender Precision with A-Neck
£1400
Lichfield, WS13

Shepster8316

1978 Fender Precision made with the A-neck, which was the Jazz type profile of 1.5".  Pics of the neck pocket and neck heel shown, so someone may be more accurate.  This is how it was made and hasn't been fitted later on..... they made a small run of these.  I'm assuming it's made from ash given that it weighs 9.5lb (my 74 is a pound lighter).  Ideal for the bass player who wants an old precision, but either doesn't like the wide neck, prefers a Jazz profile or has stubby fingers 🙂

Olympic white nitro, which has 'aged' very nicely over the years to a very pale yellowy colour with slight mottling in places (not from stickers).  The pics don't show it up that well to be honest and the dark line across it is the washing line shadow.  Missing is the pickup cover, but the bridge one is original with a nice patina, and the scratchplate was replaced at some point to a 70s Fender one.  Comes with a non-original hard case, or a Fender gig-bag.  Original pickups etc and the tuners work great (better than my 74 ones).  I replaced the bridge saddle grub screws with Fender ones, as I played it without the cover and the screw heads interfered with my playing style, but I still have the originals (see pic).

It's been my gig bass and obviously has been gigged over its life before me, so has the usual marks to show (but no buckle rash or forearm wear) and some crazing over parts of the body paintwork.

Feel free to pop in and have a try and happy to post or halfway meet for petrol money, assuming it's not too far.

IMG_2355.JPG

IMG_2356.JPG

IMG_2357.JPG

IMG_2358.JPG

IMG_2359.JPG

IMG_2360.JPG

IMG_2361.JPG

IMG_2362.JPG

IMG_2385.JPG

IMG_2386.JPG

IMG_2387.JPG

IMG_2365.JPG