Why become a member? ×

marshall mb450 head

mojobu

picked up a Marshall mb450 head very cheap as a spare , shop owner complained that  good tone at low volume was impossible . have found quite the opposite after alot of experimenting . very fat b-15 vibe possible while barely audible . anyone stuck with this head feel free to contact me . peace .

I blend the two ,  run 1-15 & 4-10 , very fat/warm with the 15 and my BB P-35 . took some time to get a good mix .  as I mentioned before the shop had all complaints and dropped the line because of poor tone at low volume . not the case at all . 

I had same quality issues with mine - 2 x 10 combo and 1 x 15 xtn cab, never really got the sound i was after in a band mix but design issues caused failure - the crossover board is mounted horizontally onto the rear face of the amp with a shitty little soldered joint and nothing else securing it; after a few months of gigging and internal vibrating up and down it started to break loose then fail. Didn't suit me at all - tone or reliability or weight.  Hope the head doesn't have same issues for you.

Edited by Al Heeley

The initial batches were quite poor apparently, a guy I know worked for Marshall and they literally had to redo all of them - sometimes getting things assembled overseas isn’t the best way. After that they were fine, I never had any problems with any of my MB range.

• Like 1