pmjos

Steinberger Synapse Blue Burst - SOLD
£475
Essex UK

Posted (edited)

OPEN 2 OFFERS _ SALE ONLY

I have this great 4 string Steinberger Synapse in Blue Burst. It has a maple body and graphite neck. I bought it as a travel bass and it is overhead locker compatible. I know that because I flew with it several times. This one comes with a proper hard case. it has a couple of minor dings on the Botton but other than that perfect. Its a sweet hifi sounding bass with a nice growl. Acquired from Mr Bassman of this parish couple of years ago. Priced to sell as I have incoming.

Steinberger Synapse XS-1FPA Bass Specifications

• Neck Materials: Cybrosonic Patented Graphite U-Channel w/adjustable trussrod, 3 Piece Hard Maple.
  • Neck Joint: Set Neck
  • Fingerboard: Phenolic
  • Fingerboard Radius: 14 inches
  • Frets: 24, medium jumbo
  • Scale Length: 34 inches
  • Body Wings: Hard Maple
  • Body Top: Flamed Maple
  • Pickups: EMG 40P
  • External Controls: Master Volume, Mag/Piezo Pickup Blend, Active Hi Cut/boost, Active Lo Cut/Boost
  • Internal Controls: Two trim pots adjusting Magnetic and Piezo output levels
  • Battery: 18V
  • Bridge: Patented DoubleBall Bridge with 40:1 ratio direct-pull tuners
  • Weight: 7.6lbimageproxy.php?img=&key=4b3806f48250f55aimageproxy.php?img=&key=4b3806f48250f55aimageproxy.php?img=&key=4b3806f48250f55a20190721_144340.thumb.jpg.5674f558b8c94f81c6c567874307ecf7.jpg

20190721_144321.jpg

20190721_144325.jpg

20190721_144518.jpg

20190721_144434.jpg

Edited by pmjos
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE said:

Nice bass. Apparently way better than the spirit range . Like this a lot . Must resist ... glwts . Won't be here long 

They are great basses (I owned a Spirit and have since moved onto a Synapse).  Really good price with the fitted case, too. 

One of the best things about them is being able to swap from roundwounds to La Bella flatwounds in about a minute, with zero truss rod or intonation issues 👍

1 hour ago, Skezza said:

looks fantastic

It is 🙂

Had one myself, they are great (just wished it was the same dimensions as an original steinberger, an absolute design classic, probably would have kept it then) 

still a fab bass though, I’d certainly recommend anyone taking a punt on this. 

GLWTS

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE
      contains all original ,and slightly tatty paraphernalia & original gig bag,  will give extra gig bag bought back from the amazon .
      This vintage bass  is a great bass for fast picking style ..and metal😼
      There is a slight wiring issue which may be from the replacement jack at the time . This causes the bass to eat batteries very quickly .Easy fix for someone technically minded.
      The stickers on the battery cover will be removed  if required .
      I have too many bases and only 2 hands , so something has to go.

• By RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE
      I Steinberger£999i am in a strange situation at the moment , where I'm no longer playing and holding onto nostalgia . 
      After moving into a smaller flat , I guess I have to be ruthless and ask myself " do I really need all of these basses ?" How many hands have you got ?" The basses I am keeping are the jack Daniels , the Washburn status , the fretless vester which is a copy of a Warwick and an actual Warwick which I bought here from a great basschatter in August last year.  
      Anyway , I have here the Steinberger XM3 not so common as the XM2 which is a rarity in itself 
      A few bits of wear and tear obviously for a 30+ year vintage instrument . It comes with original gig bag which has seen bettter days tbh , plus a brand new gig bag purchased from amazon a couple of months ago. Also slighly tattered envelope and paraphernalia . 
      One thing to note : It eats batteries and should be looked at by a tech . Socket or wiring issue ??
      comes with additional brand new tiger gig bag , purchased all the way from the amazon.
      The other bass 
      Custom fretless 4 string made by Mybass of this parish. 
      2 piece mahogany main body wood that was off a very old piece of furniture. American black walnut top . A five piece maple / Wenge neck. Macassar ebony fretboard
      The control guard may be  Macassar , but peter is not 100% sure on this. Controls are vol/vol/ tone. Although headless , the tuning system uses standard string single ball ends . A bit like the Steinberger tuning system but it fits normal strings and not headless . There are Seymour Duncan humbuckers. There are 2 strap holders allowing 2 strap place options . Scale length is 34" with a double octave neck .
      nut width is a tad over 1.5"/39.3mm.It has 3mm side dit's starting at low F . There are 6 wood chipped screws holding the neck solidly in place. The neck leans more towards a p bass size than a jazz bass. The body and neck have an oil finish (try oil on body).
      This bass is very light in weight and has a great sound . The action is light to the touch .
      although pictured with 3 strings , I have a new set available . Just haven't had time . They're dadarrio.
      comes with excellent paddded Rockbag gig bag.
      Trade wise? Maybe a green Yamaha attitude , which means that I've trimmed one bass.
      or anything Moog , as I have just got a grandmother .
      Now for the pictures. 
      Pm me with offers 
      I'm based in Parkstone Dorset 
      Dont wanna post, but if you arrange your own courier ..😼

More pics to come 

• By sunfish
      A rare opportunity to own a Bolin NS 5 String Bass for £875
      This is a truly beautiful bass I got in a trade recently.
      I had good intentions of returning to 5 string playing but it isn’t happening and I am now ogling another bass on here -  so here goes.
      The design is as a result of collaboration between Ned Steinberger and luthier John Bolin and built by Bolin in Idaho USA.
      This is a stunning instrument in very good condition. There is a ding on the lower bout which is difficult to see when playing. Other than that it is really pretty instrument that plays like a dream and light weight.
      35in scale
      Graphite nut
      Slotted headstock
      The body is Alder with quilted maple top
      With an ebony fingerboard
      Fishman piezo under each string.
      18V preamp
      Light weight
      With Hard case

I’m in Malvern, Worcestershire
      Happy to meet up half way within reason

• By Hellzero
      Thinning down the herd, so selling what I don't use.

FOR SALE ONLY.

PICATO 766DBS Double Ballend Stainless Steel Strings : 1 set of 4 + 1 set of 5.
      Never used, no rust.
      See pictures for the gauge.
      Official price is £66 GBP.
      Asking price is £30 GBP or €33 Euros, shipped to your place in continental Europe : and yes UK is in continental Europe !. 
      Link : http://www.picato.co.uk/

• By pmjos
      Dear All
      This is my Czech made Steinberger NXT complete with stand and strap adaptor bar.
      I have had this for about a year and have found it to be the prefect transition for me between Bass Guitar and EUB. Being a shorter scale than the full size double bass it is comfortable and the spacing is compatible with Bass Guitar.
      The sounds are great and it works as a thumpy DB sound with the tone shape switch in or ever very fretless like, lovely growl. tone & volume controls on the side.
      I'm moving it on now as I have a CR5 full size EUB and so I need to concentrate on that.
      The bas has a few scratches round the truss rod access. a tiny nick on the back of the nech and a couple of very small dings right at the bottom.
      It runs on a battery free piezo system.
      New cost now is over £1,500 for a fiver I'm asking just over half of that with something for postage. Located Essex UK.