Why become a member? ×

JBL / RCF PA cabs

fleabag

One of our band wants to splash out on some better PA powered main cabs, and i  suggested RCF 735 / 745 but he's going for JBL because he can get  25%  discount through his audio business.

Does anybody know of,  or use JBL PA powered cabs, that are up there with the quality of RCF  ?

ta peeples

Where is the biggest difference if they are built in the same factory in China?

JBL has very good reputation and two bands that I have been playing in have had JBLs. The current band I am in, has a pair of PRX 735. They are really good.

As others have said, if he's getting a mega discount, I'd probably go with the JBL.

When I was in the live sound game around 20 years ago,  I was never a fan of the JBL sound and loved RCF drivers in various speakers, but they were both quality brands, it was just a personal preference thing (JBLs were too high mid bitey for me back then).

I would imagine if he's getting a mega deal, you'll soon learn to love the JBLs.....

5 minutes ago, fleabag said:

Thanks chaps

I wouldn't call it mega discount.  It's 25%  but its enough for my mate to go with JBL  over RCF.

I'm thinking he may go with PRX models

Doing a quick Google - at £800 per speaker, that's £200 off.  A lot better than full price 😉

• Like 1