Why become a member? ×

New Crafter BA400EQ with 70% off on Amazon...

binky_bass

Afternoon gents and gentettes, 

During the course of my daily internet stumblings where I am always on the hunt for bass related deals, I came across this...

20190721_143717.thumb.jpg.932af59941a9d962ae2cdd255349d928.jpg

The usual RRP for one of these is around £600 and having owned one of these before, they are actually very fine acoustic basses. In fact I rate Crafter as one of the most underrated acoustic brands out there, but that's a different story...

I've just pulled the trigger on one as at the absolute worst, I know I can sell it on eBay for a good £100 more, and as it's being sold by Amazon (not a 3rd party Amazon user) if there are any issues, I'm relatively safe! 

So, for anyone after an acoustic bass, £146 for a brand new one of these is absolutely nuts! Not sure why they're being sold for 70% off, but I'm not arguing!

Fill yer boots!

The Camelcamelcamel website is very handy for seeing Amazon price history. Here it is for that Crafter

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Crafter-BA-400EQ-N-BA400EQ-Electro/product/B0053GSHEW

...so you can see that the £146 price was very much a big drop - though they have done it briefly before. I use it to double check whether something really is at a very low price, or whether it is the prevailing price. You can also tell 3C to alert you when a price drops below a certain point - having had my original Geddy book order cancelled at £15 earlier in the year when stocks dried up, I set an alert so knew when it came back out and down to £20.

Interesting stuff... 

It's curious as to the logic behind such drops, I can't imagine it prompting mass purchases given it's such a comparatively niche product. Maybe they simply had one left that hadn't sold and tanked the price to get it gone... if so, it worked!