Why become a member? ×

Fake Fender?

Blurry photo's but I'd think fake, although he doesn't claim it's a Fender. The bridge is wrong, that looks like one from a 70"s/80's Jap copy. Tuners look wrong but hard to tell, can't remember the colour scheme either! It all looks a bit iffy for a Fender! 

11 minutes ago, itsmedunc said:

Blurry photo's but I'd think fake, although he doesn't claim it's a Fender. The bridge is wrong, that looks like one from a 70"s/80's Jap copy. Tuners look wrong but hard to tell, can't remember the colour scheme either! It all looks a bit iffy for a Fender! 

Well it does say Fender in the item details section. I can see a serial number but obviously it’s out of focus. Also does the bridge or neck look misaligned as the G is sitting nowhere near the inner pole piece?

And of course who are Astralasia?

5 minutes ago, vinorange said:

Well it does say Fender in the item details section. I can see a serial number but obviously it’s out of focus. Also does the bridge or neck look misaligned as the G is sitting nowhere near the inner pole piece?

And of course who are Astralasia?

I missed that. It does say Fender in the item specifics! The poles do look off too. There's something on the headstock at the back where a serial should be but I'm not convinced it's real at all. I can't remember ever seeing a burst with a black back?

12 minutes ago, itsmedunc said:

I missed that. It does say Fender in the item specifics! The poles do look off too. There's something on the headstock at the back where a serial should be but I'm not convinced it's real at all. I can't remember ever seeing a burst with a black back?

There’s me looking at the pole pieces and missed the black back.......

I did message him and asked for close up pics of the serial number. He’s apparently away until the 22nd so can’t send any pics until then - which ironically is the day after the auction finishes. He did say, however, that it’s made in the USA.......

17 hours ago, vinorange said:

There’s me looking at the pole pieces and missed the black back.......

I did message him and asked for close up pics of the serial number. He’s apparently away until the 22nd so can’t send any pics until then - which ironically is the day after the auction finishes. He did say, however, that it’s made in the USA.......

T' Uther Side of Accrington methinks! 😂😂😂😂

Edited by itsmedunc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fake IMO. If it was real, or had value outside of the obscure signatures (which have almost zero value) it would have been photographed better. 

Also the colour looks wrong, the bottom shape of the pick guard looks wrong and the whole thing smells a bit fishy! 

• Like 1