Why become a member? ×

John East problem

doc40hz

Hi all, 

I purchased a Warwick Corvette 5 string from another member on here. it had been modded with a John East 3 band premp (3 stacked knob affair). 

There is something wrong with the treble circuit - the boost/cut treble is intermittent. The pull bright switch works fine and the bass works fine. Just the treble knob. 

I've inspected all the connections and made sure they are correct - they appear to be. 

John East have not got back to me about buying a replacement bass/treble module - not great customer service! I have cash I'm willing to give them and......nothing. 

Any one got any ideas what might be wrong? Otherwise I'm going to have to put another pre amp in. 

19 hours ago, BassBunny said:

Have you tried ringing John? I've found him to be quite tardy answering emails, but get him into conversation on the phone and I'm sure he'll sort you out.

This.

It's essentially a one man operation, so if in a hurry the phone is your best friend.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, doc40hz said:

May well do, thanks chaps! Didn't realise it was such a small company! 

It's small indeed. And John is super helpful once you get his attention. Very nice guy. I'm sure he'll help you get your bass up and running.

• Like 2

As a mate of John for over 25  years,  and having sat in his workshop drinking tea and eating toast, i can tell you he is surrounded by projects, bread an butter jobs, and  enough electronics to build a modern submarine. He is a one man band as stated, very busy, and doesnt look at his emails every 5 mins.

The advice given on phoning is your best bet. He is one of the most helpful tech guys around

• Like 3

On 22/07/2019 at 23:41, fleabag said:

As a mate of John for over 25  years,  and having sat in his workshop drinking tea and eating toast, i can tell you he is surrounded by projects, bread an butter jobs, and  enough electronics to build a modern submarine. He is a one man band as stated, very busy, and doesnt look at his emails every 5 mins.

The advice given on phoning is your best bet. He is one of the most helpful tech guys around

There is your answer - maybe the odd toast crumb or marmalade from our man dropped into the circuit and needs cleaning.