Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Peterbuilt Jazz - £500
£500
London

CamdenRob

Peterbuilt Jazz Bass - £500

Open to straight trades, happy to look at anything :) 

hoZDkTS.jpg

xXVhM6o.jpg

tzp0IWa.jpg

sq7qIrz.jpg

MfQySYC.jpg

esQO760.jpg

Cat not included...

This is a built to order Jazz Bass assembled and finished by Peter Boer in Holland. Made in 2015.

Allparts alder body and maple neck (ebony fretboard). The bass was originally fretless with passive stack knob controls, but I had it fretted at The Gallery and an East J- Retro preamp fitted. The bass sounds and plays wonderfully, with a large variety of tones from the preamp. Well balanced seated and standing. Currently strung with labella flats. The pickups are DiMarzio 123s.

The Nitro finish has a couple of minor imperfections (no dings or scratches though) and the pickguard could have been trimmed a little tidier. Difficult to show in the photos but mentioning anyway for clarity... The only other point of note is that last time I changed the strings the nut fell out... It’s currently held in place by the string tension but could do with glueing back in.

38mm at the nut and weighing 10 1/2lb according to the bathroom scales.

I will also include the original stack knob control plate (only for a pick up as it won’t fit in the case to ship) and a matching leather strap from couch straps. I have a Thomann tweed case for this as well (pics further down the thread). I’ve had issues with couriers before, so my strong preference is for a pick up from Walthamstow, London, E17 evenings or weekends. Can also meet at any London tube station for a handover / exchange.

Edited by CamdenRob
  • Like 4

Thanks for the comments guys 😊 

This is a wonderful bass. I’m only selling it because I have a new build due in the next few months and moving this on half justifies it in my head 😕 

As always the market will dictate the value, but this is a lot of bass for £500 😊  ... even if it is VERY Yellow!

Edited by CamdenRob

• 5 weeks later...

Looks like I may have to ship this (reluctantly)... I have retreived the case for this bass from my parents loft so it will be shipped in this case which I will wrap externally and then hope a courier doesnt smash to bits along with the bass inside... 🤔 Its a rather fetching thomann tweed one with a red lining reminiscent of a 19th century smoking jacket.

I will ship via interparcel and will need to schedule a weekend or evening pickup as I'm out at work during the week. It's looking like this will cost around an additinal £50 so £550 all in shipped. The old stack knob control plate also does not fit in the case so i will not be able to include it.

UK addresses only initially and its still much my preference to arrange a handover in person :)

y0N2QBR.jpg

Edited by CamdenRob

• 4 weeks later...