Left leaderboard
Gamble

Warwick Thumb NT 5 Custom 2003 [FS/FT] £1800
£2000
Norwich

Posted (edited)

Hiya

Rather sadly I'm just not playing my Warwick basses anymore so I think it's time they found a new home, so here's my 2003 Custom Thumb NT 5. 

I bought this bass nearly new quite a few years ago now, it's spent more of that time tucked away in it's case than it should have so it's still looking pretty good - there's a handful of tiny dings here and there, I can try and get pics if you want but most of them aren't noticeable unless you're looking for them (if you see what I mean). 

Custom options wise it's an ovangkol body with an ebony fretboard and a 3 band eq, I had the Dunlop recessed straplocks fitted by the Bass Centre in London where I bought it (if anyone knows Jimmy who used to work there it was him who commissioned the build and sold it to me). Comes with a very solid Warwick flight case and truss rod tool, and of course the straplocks to go with the recessed buttons. 

Apart from that it's a Warwick Thumb Bass, pretty distinctive sound and looks, what else do you need to know? 

Seriously though, don't be shy with any questions or corrections if you know Warwick basses better then me, I'm asking £1800 (was £2000) but as you'd expect the price is negotiable. 

I'll consider trades plus cash either way, I'd be interested in;

Exotic woods/finishes/body shapes on basses, Warwicks with the pre '00s neck profile, Status, Dingwall, something unusual - 5 stringers only. Darkglass heads, barefaced cabs. 

Cheers! 

20190719_104604.jpg

20190719_104631.jpg

20190719_104642.jpg

20190719_104618.jpg

20190719_104706.jpg

20190719_104648.jpg

Edited by Gamble
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Don't all NT Thumbs have 3 band EQs? 

Another custom option would be the brass JAN I.

Great looking bass. NT Thumbs have a piano like clarity that only my Ritter Roya can match. They also have one of the tightest Bs in the game!

Edited by dyerseve
  • Like 1

I think you're right about the 3 band eq actually, wasn't 100% sure but wanted to mention that it was a 3 band rather than the 2.

14 hours ago, dyerseve said:

Don't all NT Thumbs have 3 band EQs? 

Another custom option would be the brass JAN I.

Great looking bass. NT Thumbs have a piano like clarity that only my Ritter Roya can match. They also have one of the tightest Bs in the game!

No older ones have 2 band. I have two ‘89 Thumbs both 2 band. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Gamble is a good guy, deal with confidence. 

Edited by Dood
typo
  • Thanks 1

On 20/07/2019 at 10:06, Gamble said:

Good knowledge! 

If you like Thumbs they are one of a kind and you can’t go wrong with them. Been gigging a Thumb since ‘97 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Back up she goes, still open to trades and offers. Cheers! 

Edited by Gamble

Back to the top! 

Still interested in trades for interesting 5 strings, Darkglass heads and Barefaced cabs. 

Cheers! 

Hi, interested in your thumb. Do you have any Warwick documents saying the bass is a custom build? I know a lot of warwicks have a custom stamp where the serial numbers are. Thanks Brian 

9 hours ago, Brian45 said:

Hi, interested in your thumb. Do you have any Warwick documents saying the bass is a custom build? I know a lot of warwicks have a custom stamp where the serial numbers are. Thanks Brian 

Hi Brian! I'll have a look and see for you, but I don't remember having anything like that. I did message Warwick asking them to confirm the specs a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard back so I'll chase that up too. 

I've been told there's a few (but not many) Ovangkol Thumb NTs out there, but as far as I know they've never been off the shelf with that body wood. 

Cheers!