Left leaderboard
Gamble

Warwick Thumb NT 5 Custom 2003 [FS/FT] £1800
£2000
Norwich

Posted (edited)

Hiya

Rather sadly I'm just not playing my Warwick basses anymore so I think it's time they found a new home, so here's my 2003 Custom Thumb NT 5. 

I bought this bass nearly new quite a few years ago now, it's spent more of that time tucked away in it's case than it should have so it's still looking pretty good - there's a handful of tiny dings here and there, I can try and get pics if you want but most of them aren't noticeable unless you're looking for them (if you see what I mean). 

Custom options wise it's an ovangkol body with an ebony fretboard and a 3 band eq, I had the Dunlop recessed straplocks fitted by the Bass Centre in London where I bought it (if anyone knows Jimmy who used to work there it was him who commissioned the build and sold it to me). Comes with a very solid Warwick flight case and truss rod tool, and of course the straplocks to go with the recessed buttons. 

Apart from that it's a Warwick Thumb Bass, pretty distinctive sound and looks, what else do you need to know? 

Seriously though, don't be shy with any questions or corrections if you know Warwick basses better then me, I'm asking £1800 (was £2000) but as you'd expect the price is negotiable. 

I'll consider trades plus cash either way, I'd be interested in;

Exotic woods/finishes/body shapes on basses, Warwicks with the pre '00s neck profile, Status, Dingwall, something unusual - 5 stringers only. Darkglass heads, barefaced cabs. 

Cheers! 

20190719_104604.jpg

20190719_104631.jpg

20190719_104642.jpg

20190719_104618.jpg

20190719_104706.jpg

20190719_104648.jpg

Edited by Gamble
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Don't all NT Thumbs have 3 band EQs? 

Another custom option would be the brass JAN I.

Great looking bass. NT Thumbs have a piano like clarity that only my Ritter Roya can match. They also have one of the tightest Bs in the game!

Edited by dyerseve
  • Like 1

I think you're right about the 3 band eq actually, wasn't 100% sure but wanted to mention that it was a 3 band rather than the 2.

14 hours ago, dyerseve said:

Don't all NT Thumbs have 3 band EQs? 

Another custom option would be the brass JAN I.

Great looking bass. NT Thumbs have a piano like clarity that only my Ritter Roya can match. They also have one of the tightest Bs in the game!

No older ones have 2 band. I have two ‘89 Thumbs both 2 band. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Gamble is a good guy, deal with confidence. 

Edited by Dood
typo
  • Thanks 1

On 20/07/2019 at 10:06, Gamble said:

Good knowledge! 

If you like Thumbs they are one of a kind and you can’t go wrong with them. Been gigging a Thumb since ‘97 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By marcblum
      Warwick AL Bootsy Collins Spacebass
      Made in China
      Neck: Maple/Rosewood
      Body: Mahagony
      Electronics: vol, pan, active/passive, +/- bass/treble
      super sturdy flightcase (custom, ordered by pre-owner)
      according shoulder strap
      frets professionally reworked
      strap pin relocatd
      really lightweight instrument, easy to play,
      sits very well in totally different band contexts, changed the I think about mahagony body instruments
      punchy and well defined
      currently strung with Warwick Red Label
      new: 1229€
      pick up price: 1100€ incl. case (net after currency conversion and banking fees)
      shipping cost depends on destination
      no trades
      vacation alert: 01-15 Sept

• By Dirty Soul
      Please note, the bass is located in Copenhagen, Denmark. I will ship to EU countries. Please contact me first  

Selling my Corvette unlined Fretless 5. 
      Turns out I’m not as good at fretless playing as I imagined so this just isn’t getting used. A real shame but I have my eye on something else. 

Made in Germany in 2008. Bubinga body, Ovangkol neck with ebony fingerboard, with minimal markings. 
      Natural oil finish and carefully treated weekly with the Warwick wax. (Included in sale)
      Passive electronics with volume, pick-up blend and tone controls. I was very surprised by the variety of sounds that come out of those controls! MEC dynamic correction pups.

Currently strung with Rotosound 45-130 flatwounds. 
      Weight is 6kg.
      Includes Warwick Rockbag, surface finishing wax and truss rod tool. 

Open to reasonable offers.

Buyer to collect from Copenhagen, Denmark or can post within the EU at buyers expense.

• By basslee
      This is a stunning bass, I bought new a Pedulla ET5 Cocobolo, Gold Hardware, Bartolini Pickups Plus
      Thunderguts Low-Mids Boost Switch, 19mm String Spacing, Comes with original hard case 
      Not looking to trade but will be happy to listen to offers
      Price does not include shipping, I will only ship fully insured or can be collected locally

• By BenTunnicliffe
      Hi everyone, selling my Overwater Perception Pro Deluxe Custom 5 String with its Overwater/Hiscox Case.

Manufactured 2007 Purchased by me in December 2010 5 String 24 Frets 9V Active Volume, Pickup Pan, Bass, Mid, Treble, Push/Pull High End Boost Bolt-On Neck Upgraded Overwater PreAmp (Fit By Overwater) Overwater/Hiscox Hardcase Selling Due To No Longer Playing Collection-Only, Cardiff, UK Strung Bb - Gb  
      As far as I can remember, the ‘custom’ in its name denotes it having a non-standard bridge to what was offered at the time of manufacture. In October 2015 I safely sent the bass to Chris May at Overwater for some love & attention and it was at that point in its life that its active preamp was upgraded to the newest model available at the time and a ramp between the pickups was also fit with the most matching wood Overwater were capable of providing. The bass also had a full service while it was with them.
      I do not have Facebook myself but if you were to head to overwater’s FB page you will see an image they uploaded while it was with them in the shop that verifies the date these upgrades were made by them.
      I have no altered the bass in any way myself and it is in remarkable condition. That said, it has been used to me in hundreds of professional environments therefore has the faintest of hairlines present on some of the body/neck but nothing that affects playability. I have always been careful to not let the bass come in contact with belt buckles/belt sanders and if it wasn’t in a hardcase it was always propped up safely on a stand. The gold hardware has began to reflect a slightly more silver/chrome finish due to my hands running over it so regularly.

I have professionally used the bass with much love and care since I bought it and am only parting with it as I no longer have any yearning to be involved in the business. It seems an absolute crime to have this stunning instrument sat in its case doing absolutely nothing.

The bass is for sale for £1050 including the case and I will have to insist on it being pick-up only from Cardiff. The only thing I can imagine being sadder than parting with the bass is for it to be damaged in transit. 
      I would also really like for someone to come and have a play of the bass rather than trying to pay me from overseas and have me deal with a third party here acting as a courier. This is only because it would allow too much room for miscommunication and I am not confident in my ability to safely package something so delicate for international shipping.
      Thanks for reading and I will do my best to reply to any queries asap!