Gamble

Warwick Thumb NT 5 Custom 2003 [FS/FT] £1750
£2000
Norwich

Hiya

Rather sadly I'm just not playing my Warwick basses anymore so I think it's time they found a new home, so here's my 2003 Custom Thumb NT 5. 

I bought this bass nearly new quite a few years ago now, it's spent more of that time tucked away in it's case than it should have so it's still looking pretty good - there's a handful of tiny dings here and there, I can try and get pics if you want but most of them aren't noticeable unless you're looking for them (if you see what I mean). 

Custom options wise it's an ovangkol body with an ebony fretboard and a 3 band eq, I had the Dunlop recessed straplocks fitted by the Bass Centre in London where I bought it (if anyone knows Jimmy who used to work there it was him who commissioned the build and sold it to me). Comes with a very solid Warwick flight case and truss rod tool, and of course the straplocks to go with the recessed buttons. 

Apart from that it's a Warwick Thumb Bass, pretty distinctive sound and looks, what else do you need to know? 

Seriously though, don't be shy with any questions or corrections if you know Warwick basses better then me, I'm asking £1750 but as you'd expect the price is negotiable. 

I'll consider UK trades (can't be dealing with international shipping I'm afraid), ideally with cash my way - I'd be interested in;

Exotic woods/finishes/body shapes on basses, Warwicks with the pre '00s neck profile, Status, Dingwall, something unusual - 5 stringers only. Darkglass heads, barefaced cabs, Line 6 Helix, maybe a Headrush (I'll have to read up on them. 

Cheers! 

20190719_104604.jpg

20190719_104631.jpg

20190719_104642.jpg

20190719_104618.jpg

20190719_104706.jpg

20190719_104648.jpg

Edited by Gamble
Update to price & trades
  • Like 2

Don't all NT Thumbs have 3 band EQs? 

Another custom option would be the brass JAN I.

Great looking bass. NT Thumbs have a piano like clarity that only my Ritter Roya can match. They also have one of the tightest Bs in the game!

Edited by dyerseve
  • Like 1

I think you're right about the 3 band eq actually, wasn't 100% sure but wanted to mention that it was a 3 band rather than the 2.

14 hours ago, dyerseve said:

Don't all NT Thumbs have 3 band EQs? 

Another custom option would be the brass JAN I.

Great looking bass. NT Thumbs have a piano like clarity that only my Ritter Roya can match. They also have one of the tightest Bs in the game!

No older ones have 2 band. I have two ‘89 Thumbs both 2 band. 

• Like 1

Gamble is a good guy, deal with confidence. 

Edited by Dood
typo
  • Thanks 1

On 20/07/2019 at 10:06, Gamble said:

Good knowledge! 

If you like Thumbs they are one of a kind and you can’t go wrong with them. Been gigging a Thumb since ‘97 

• Like 1

Back to the top! 

Still interested in trades for interesting 5 strings, Darkglass heads and Barefaced cabs. 

Cheers! 

Hi, interested in your thumb. Do you have any Warwick documents saying the bass is a custom build? I know a lot of warwicks have a custom stamp where the serial numbers are. Thanks Brian 

9 hours ago, Brian45 said:

Hi, interested in your thumb. Do you have any Warwick documents saying the bass is a custom build? I know a lot of warwicks have a custom stamp where the serial numbers are. Thanks Brian 

Hi Brian! I'll have a look and see for you, but I don't remember having anything like that. I did message Warwick asking them to confirm the specs a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard back so I'll chase that up too. 

I've been told there's a few (but not many) Ovangkol Thumb NTs out there, but as far as I know they've never been off the shelf with that body wood. 

Cheers! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 6feet7
      Price drop to £895 / Sensible offers
      An absolutely stunning example of a candy apple red with matching headstock Maruszczyk Jake 5+ P/MM that is around 7lbs / 3.2Kg in weight,
      Fitted with passive Delano MC5 HE/M2 and PC5 HE/M2 pickups and comes with a Hiscox hard case.
      New D'Addario nickel rounds fitted but I can include some used DR Sunbeams if you'd prefer.
      No trades
      If you've ever wanted a lightweight 5 stringer that weighs so little that a 2 or 3 hour set leaves little to no impression on your ageing shoulders, then this is the bass to have

• By Ted Theodore Logan, III
      Hi guys & girls 

I'm a wee bit embarrassed to say that I'm actually selling an electric GUITAR!!... (oh, the shame!)

It's a Fender Telecaster signature John 5 model, MIM with the rosewood fingerboard, chrome pick-guard, three-way blade pickup selector switch, enforcer humbucker bridge pickup and Fender Telecaster “Twisted" single coil neck pickup.  Controls are volume: neck pickup, volume: bridge pickup.

It's an incredibly versatile guitar, as you might expect of an instrument made to the preferences and specifications of Mr Lowery, himself...

In case you're wondering, who exactly this John 5 “man" is...

No, No!.. Not him...

WHOA!!!  SCARY!...

Yikes!  Scarier...

AAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Anyway, he's an American guitarist who used to perform with David Le Roth and, of course, Marilyn Manson... (ah... That's why he looks that way... ) 
      He's also played with such names as Rob Zombie, Meatloaf and Lynyrd Skynyrd  
      ...not to mention him having a pretty extensive solo career...

I reckon the most unique and “eye-catching" feature, (not literally, unless you were to have a rather unfortunate “guitar spin" accident), is the guitar's three-on-a-side headstock...

...which makes for an incredibly individual and “most excellent" Telecaster!!

EXCELLENT!!!!!

The Fender J5 has a modern ‘C' shaped, maple neck with Rosewood fingerboard, 22 “Medium Jumbo" frets (whatever that means)... A synthetic-bone nut, matching black headstock and dot inlays.
      The body is made from ash wood finished in gloss black with white borders and a particularly fetching chrome/mirrored pick-guard.
      Electronics and hardware include the “twisted" single coil telecaster neck pickup and the “enforcer" humbucking bridge pickup, two volume controls (one to control neck pickup volume, one to control bridge pickup volume) and a three way pickup selector switch (bridge pickup, neck pickup & both pickups simultaneously).  
      Needless to say this is an extremely versatile and very attractive looking Fender Telecaster and one that is growing increasingly sought after.

The instrument is in all round fantastic condition, there is marking to the chrome scratch guard (can be seen in second picture below) and a slight, faint mark toward the bottom of the body which does not show in the pictures.  More pictures can be provided if interested...

I am happy to post the Guitar or part-meet for fuel cost.  Collection is also very welcome.

Any questions, please PM...

Here's some more pics of the FENDER JOHN 5 TELECASTER.......

Includes padded gig case... 
    • By TimCook
      Here’s a cracking bass which has been shamefully underused in the past 5 years, hence the sale.
      It’s a Bassline Buster Classic, made in Germany in 1996. Bassline are a small, custom bass company based in Germany. The new price of this would’ve been circa £1600. A few years ago I contacted Bassline directly who were ace to give me the following wood specs:
      Body european ash, hardmaple neck, and a padouk fingerboard
      It has LeFay pickups and a Noll 2-band EQ with controls for Volume (push/pull for passive mode), Bass, Treble and Pickup Pan. Nut Width is 38mm and there’s a ‘Zero’ fret. It also has Neutrik locking jack socket and Schaller strap locks (with 2 positions at the bridge end to quickly jump between heights which conveniently also makes it stable resting on the floor).
      It’s in ace condition, although I’d note there’s a tiny indent on the scoop up to the fingerboard past the 24th fret and few marks on the lower horn and body edge where I knocked the bass over after posting this ad (see photos in comments). All minor and character adding in my opinion - like us all it’s lived!
      Playability wise, it has he slimmest, fastest neck I’ve ever encountered. It’s also super lightweight (3.7kg) so along with the fast neck you can keep going for hours.
      I don’t have a gig bag or case but can be shipped very securely in a cardboard bass box (within hand-carved polystyrene for protection). UPS (uninsured) delivery is included in the price.
      Any questions or you’d like a test drive, feel free to pop me a message!
      Tim

• By foya
      Custom shop ‘64 relic from 2001
      great shape and sound
      no issues and neck is straight and you could set a really low action 
      weights 4.01 kg 
      Feel free to ask if you’re interested! 

• By jamesbur
      Temporary Price drop to £650 for two weeks, get it whilst its cheap!! (will ship within mainland UK for additional £35)
      I'm somewhat reluctantly selling my Pro series Warwick Star Bass 5 string. This bass is the older model made in Korea (not the current Chinese made Rockbass model) and is 34" scale rather than the current 32" scale basses. The bass is in overall very good condition with a few belt buckle scratches on the back (pictured) but otherwise very clean (the 3/4 pic of the front shows finger-print smears, not scratches!). The bass is finished in high-gloss 'Nirvana black' with cream binding on front and back. The pickups are the standard Warwick chrome plated MEC (the logo has rubbed off the neck pickup a little bit) and the electronics are stock passive with pickup selector switch (neck, both, bridge). There are some minor finish imperfections such as some small marks on the side of the fret-board, etc but these have been present from new. The star bass is a semi hollow-body design with a centre sustain block and a set neck which is glued to the body. The frets on this model are brass (rather than the nickle frets on the newer model). Comes with original Warwick strap-locks (which are ok but not great quality) and original adjustment tools.
      The bass cost me about £1600 new from Thomann a few years back and has been a reliable workhorse, gigged mainly on relatively tame 60's cover band gigs where it fits perfectly in terms of style and tone. Comes with a sturdy Hiscox hardcase (shown in pictures) which on its own cost me well over £100.
      Buyer collects from Norwich (or will meet halfway if within 100 miles of Norwich). Payment on collection with either cash or bank transfer.
      EDIT: Added demo video with audio recorded directly with no compression or EQ. (video at bottom of images)

bass demo-hardware.mp4