Gamble

Warwick Corvette $$ Double Buck 5 string [FS/FT] £700
£800
Norwich

Posted (edited)

Hiya

Rather sadly I'm just not playing my Warwick basses anymore so I think it's time they found a new home, so here's my 2006 Double Buck ($$) 5 string. 

The finish is a bit worse for wear in a few places but from the front it looks pretty good still, nothing much you'd notice when it's on stage. 

It plays fine and sounds good, just like you'd a expect one of these basses to - if you don't know much about them have a quick Google, you won't hear many bad words said. Loads of tone options with the pickup selectors, a friend of mine has one of these too and I can quote him as saying he's never managed to get a bad tone out of it. 

I believe being a 2006 model it would be German made, if anyone knows different please correct me! 

I fitted the Dunlop recessed strap lock myself (to match the Thumb NT 5 I'm also selling) as the original ones had worn out, I will of course provide the strap buttons to go with it. 

It'll also come with the manual and truss rod tool etc, I'll dig that out and get a pic later if I get a chance. 

Don't be shy if you've got any questions, I'll answer as best I can but I know there's a few guys on this forum who know their Warwicks inside out if we get stuck. Likewise, if you know I'm wrong on any of this it's not intentional so please feel free to let me know! 

I'm asking £700 (was £800, now reduced) but I'm open to negotiations, I've had a quick search about online and all I can't find another one to gauge the value against - just the Rockbass ones which are £800 new, whereas a proper Warwick won't get you change from £1500.

I'll consider trades plus cash either way, I'd be interested in;

Exotic woods/finishes/body shapes on basses, Warwicks with the pre '00s neck profile, Status, Dingwall, something unusual - 5 stringers only. Darkglass heads, barefaced cabs. 

Cheers! 

20190719_105808.jpg

20190719_105815.jpg

20190719_105825.jpg

20190719_113323.jpg

20190719_105838.jpg

20190719_105831.jpg

20190719_105933.jpg

20190719_110011.jpg

20190719_105853.jpg

Edited by Gamble
Correction - it's an '06, not '04
  • Like 1

I used to have one of these! They are bloody fantastic!!  I haven't actually seen one for sale in such a long time.

I need money :(

1 hour ago, Exile252 said:

I used to have one of these! They are bloody fantastic!!  I haven't actually seen one for sale in such a long time.

I need money :(

Yeah, there really doesn't seem to be many around! 

Posted (edited)

Back up she goes, still open to trades and offers. Cheers! 

Edited by Gamble

Bump from me too - heard these played in a fusion band live and was very impressed with the buttery phat bass.

• Like 1

Back to the top! 

Still interested in trades for interesting 5 strings, Darkglass heads and Barefaced cabs. 

Cheers! 

19 hours ago, Exile252 said:

I want this so bad :(

I'm happy to take trades for the right gear, only straight trades or cash my way though I'm afraid.