Left leaderboard
Gamble

Warwick Corvette $$ Double Buck 5 string [FS/FT] £700
£800
Norwich

Posted (edited)

Hiya

Rather sadly I'm just not playing my Warwick basses anymore so I think it's time they found a new home, so here's my 2006 Double Buck ($$) 5 string. 

The finish is a bit worse for wear in a few places but from the front it looks pretty good still, nothing much you'd notice when it's on stage. 

It plays fine and sounds good, just like you'd a expect one of these basses to - if you don't know much about them have a quick Google, you won't hear many bad words said. Loads of tone options with the pickup selectors, a friend of mine has one of these too and I can quote him as saying he's never managed to get a bad tone out of it. 

I believe being a 2006 model it would be German made, if anyone knows different please correct me! 

I fitted the Dunlop recessed strap lock myself (to match the Thumb NT 5 I'm also selling) as the original ones had worn out, I will of course provide the strap buttons to go with it. 

It'll also come with the manual and truss rod tool etc, I'll dig that out and get a pic later if I get a chance. 

Don't be shy if you've got any questions, I'll answer as best I can but I know there's a few guys on this forum who know their Warwicks inside out if we get stuck. Likewise, if you know I'm wrong on any of this it's not intentional so please feel free to let me know! 

I'm asking £700 (was £800, now reduced) but I'm open to negotiations, I've had a quick search about online and all I can't find another one to gauge the value against - just the Rockbass ones which are £800 new, whereas a proper Warwick won't get you change from £1500.

I'll consider trades plus cash either way, I'd be interested in;

Exotic woods/finishes/body shapes on basses, Warwicks with the pre '00s neck profile, Status, Dingwall, something unusual - 5 stringers only. Darkglass heads, barefaced cabs. 

Cheers! 

20190719_105808.jpg

20190719_105815.jpg

20190719_105825.jpg

20190719_113323.jpg

20190719_105838.jpg

20190719_105831.jpg

20190719_105933.jpg

20190719_110011.jpg

20190719_105853.jpg

Edited by Gamble
Correction - it's an '06, not '04
  • Like 1

I used to have one of these! They are bloody fantastic!!  I haven't actually seen one for sale in such a long time.

I need money :(

1 hour ago, Exile252 said:

I used to have one of these! They are bloody fantastic!!  I haven't actually seen one for sale in such a long time.

I need money :(

Yeah, there really doesn't seem to be many around! 

Posted (edited)

Back up she goes, still open to trades and offers. Cheers! 

Edited by Gamble

Bump from me too - heard these played in a fusion band live and was very impressed with the buttery phat bass.

• Like 1

Back to the top! 

Still interested in trades for interesting 5 strings, Darkglass heads and Barefaced cabs. 

Cheers! 

19 hours ago, Exile252 said:

I want this so bad :(

I'm happy to take trades for the right gear, only straight trades or cash my way though I'm afraid. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By topgun
      Hello everyone,
      I have given up on the dream. Middle age has won and I'm selling (nearly) all my gear, including this fantastic instrument. I bought it second-hand, and since then it has never been gigged, just used for fun and recording at home, and always put back in the case (included) at the end of the day. Sounds and plays great, as you would expect from these. It's in a very good cosmetic shape (see pics). 
      Not much to say, really, other than it should go to someone who intends to use it more than me.
      I'm not interested in any trades, sorry. I need to get rid of stuff, not just replace one thing with another. I think I've priced this fairly, so hopefully that helps you make up your mind.
      It's 4.3kg on my bathroom scales.
      Local pickup preferred but I'm willing to meet somewhere not too far from home (South London). Alternatively, I'm in Worthing 2-3 days a week for work, so I could bring it down there if that suits. If you want it delivered, you will have to pay for fully insured posting.
      Happy to answer any questions.
      Thanks
      (Ps. I'm also selling an Xotic XP4, Sire Marcus Miller V7, Markbass CMD 121H combo, and some effects and stuff - look out for those postings as well, if you're interested.)

• By ChrisJaxon
      Price now £280
      I have another bass in-coming, so one has to go, and up for sale is my Squier Contemporary Jazz HH 5-string in black. I bought this new in December 2018, and I have used it at a few gigs and jams, and it sounds great, especially with the wide variety of tones you can get from the two humbuckers with the bass and treble boosts. It can really growl as well as honk. It would be a slapper’s delight, but I do not do slap!
      The bass is essentially in as new condition, all original.
      Specification details and video review available on the Andertons website here
      Strung with d’Addario EXL170’s.
      I can post the bass if required, but personal collection and try-out preferred. I live near Stroud in Gloucestershire.

• By TJ Spicer
      Warwick Starbass II Custom Shop 2010 - £2650 £2375 £2250
      There's only one of these in the world, and I think it's absolutely stunning. Sadly, the neck's too skinny for me to be really comfortable and tonally I'm an Alder+Maple bolt-on traditionalist when it comes to sound, whereas this bass offers some really great harmonic complexity. If you want a bass to draw the attention - this is it. I never cease to get comments from people every time I take it out - aesthetically and sonically. 

It's a Bubinga Body, and Mahogany neck, Ebony fingerboard. The inlays are a gorgeous combination of mother of pearl and abalone. It's bound all the way around with black binding. It's got Warwick's quality bridge and Just-a-Nut III to get the action just where you want it.

It has a few very very tiny marks which I've photographed. It comes with a hulking-great robust flight case which I'm happy to take out of the deal and reduce the price if it's not wanted. This will likely make shipping a little more than usual - but does replace the need for insurance 😉. 

I'm happy to ship, have the bass collected, or meet you somewhere on my travels.

Thank you for looking!

• By marcblum
      Warwick AL Bootsy Collins Spacebass
      Made in China
      Neck: Maple/Rosewood
      Body: Mahagony
      Electronics: vol, pan, active/passive, +/- bass/treble
      super sturdy flightcase (custom, ordered by pre-owner)
      according shoulder strap
      frets professionally reworked
      strap pin relocatd
      really lightweight instrument, easy to play,
      sits very well in totally different band contexts, changed the I think about mahagony body instruments
      punchy and well defined
      currently strung with Warwick Red Label
      new: 1229€
      pick up price: 1100€ incl. case (net after currency conversion and banking fees)
      shipping cost depends on destination
      no trades

• By Jazzman
      1995 Warwick Fortress Masterman 4 string with SIMS Custom LEDs (red) front and side.
      The bass has an MEC twin jazz dual coil pickup with 2 active preamps. Each preamp drives 1 side of the dual coil and delivers treble and bass control on stacked pots. The volume is a stacked pot and can contrast between the front and rear coil;  Thepreamps use 1x9v battery.  The LEDs use a separate 9V battery.

The hardware is gold the usual warwick tuners and body anchored bridge. The body is flamed maple in a French violet coloured oil finish. The neck and fingerboard are wenge in 3 pieces with Just-a-nut I with brass frets.
      LEDs are activated with flick-switch.
      Dunlop recessed straplocks are a superb feature.  Will include strap with the straplocks fitted and Warwick gig bag.
      I bought the instrument brand new in january 98 (it had been sitting in shops prior to that) and have been the only owner.  The coloured oil finish is super easy to maintain so the bass is in great condition.  I've set it up with super-low action.  You won't believe how effortless it is to play this!
      NOTE: The truss rod cover incorrectly states FORTRESS ONE, but this is clearly a Masterman model from the pickups and pots.  This was just a factory error and I wasn't able to source a replacement.
      Cash only on collection. Will consider sensible offers.
      Serial number is: 6-025680 95 (but getting quite tough to read!)