Why become a member? ×

Fender Custom Shop Phil Lynott P Bass - mental price

Edenburgh

There is...or was! I know the statue has been removed a few times due to repairs or what have you. I'm assuming it's still 'all original'. As for who's underneath all that bronze...there was a very well regarded Philo impersonator who's not been seen about Dublin for many, many years......

Edited by krispn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Respect for the brand went out of the window years ago. It’s only laughable if they don’t sell and time will tell.

I am somewhat baffled as to why such a high price. I get the fact that it’s Master Built, 60 piece limited edition and with a fancy case, but we’ve been there before. If they had pitched it below £10k, which I think they could have done easily, it would be far less startling. I’ve bought several limited run signatures over the years for a fraction of the price of this one and I would argue the attention to detail is far better on the ones I have.

Stupidly high price for what it actually is. I could have three or four cracking Lowden acoustics for that price.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Respect for the brand went out of the window years ago. It’s only laughable if they don’t sell and time will tell.

I am somewhat baffled as to why such a high price. I get the fact that it’s Master Built, 60 piece limited edition and with a fancy case, but we’ve been there before. If they had pitched it below £10k, which I think they could have done easily, it would be far less startling. I’ve bought several limited run signatures over the years for a fraction of the price of this one and I would argue the attention to detail is far better on the ones I have.

I think Fender Japan has a better rep than USA Fender. Ive owned an American Standard J and it felt cheap, I took the neck off and all the paint to bare wood cracked on the underside of the neck/body and eventually came off. . I owned a Masterbuilt CS LTD 1970 Jazz Bass. Nothing special and had a gap in the neck pocket.This just should not be the case with a £3000 + instrument. Swapped it for a Modulus JV4 with an awesome quilted maple top in cherry red.. Worlds apart in terms of quality.  But the MIJ 1975 non export Jazz bass was superb in every way for £600. £2000 less than a CS Fender at the time. A bit weighty but very well made and sounded amazing.  I wouldn't pay over a grand for any Fender. 

Edited by bubinga5
  • Like 2

On 30/07/2019 at 20:51, nilebodgers said:

It's not even a complete replica for that £12k - where is the Yamaha BB3000 bridge pickup that was fitted to Phil's #1?

That pickup, as I understand it was on the maple boarded #2 bass.  #1 as used on Live & Dangerous just had the standard pickup & rosewood board...... cheers

• Like 1