Left leaderboard
Osiris

New Squier Classic Vibe Mustang

That delay in being able to buy one is crazy, but not too dissimilar to the lengthy wait I had for the JMJ mustang and epiphone vintage pro thunderbird after they were originally announced. I suppose the initial stocks go to US customers first.

I think the delay makes them pointless advertising them at the moment. Might as well just say they aren't available until next year and build up interest then.

• Like 1

Cancelled my order too. Confirmed this morning that there are no Squier Mustangs until Feb/March.

I do have a severe Jones for one though so I may go Vintera in Fiesta Red. Lollipops...

I have switched my order to a Green Vintera instead, should turn up next month 🤞.

6 minutes ago, BassApprentice said:

So that's 2 Vinteras sold which were originally going to be Squier sales - Could this be sharp marketing from Fender 😅😂

Could well be. I'm not that sharp sometimes.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

They snared me as well with this strategy :biggrin:
I ordered a sunburst Vintera last week, arrived on Friday... heavier than I'd hoped (4kg) and more to the point, had some neck dive; but otherwise it played and sounded quite nice - but ultimately for whatever reason I didn't love it, so it's going back.

Edited by jrixn1

Guess it looks like they are winning. I don't want one that much, the squier will do me if it turns up next year and our currency is worth anything!

• Like 2

I'm having a day off next Wednesday and I'm going to try all the Mustang varieties.

No doubt I'll end up with the expensive option.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Low End Bee said:

I'm having a day off next Wednesday and I'm going to try all the Mustang varieties.

No doubt I'll end up with the expensive option.

Be sure and try the JMJ!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, krispn said:

Be sure and try the JMJ!

Yep - my JMJ is sublime, but then I'd been wanting a daphne blue mustang with lollipop tuners for ages so its pretty much perfect to me.

3 minutes ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

Yep - my JMJ is sublime, but then I'd been wanting a daphne blue mustang with lollipop tuners for ages so its pretty much perfect to me.

But once you get over the colour and the tuners it’s got a great feel and sound. Should be on the list as a consideration. 

The JMJ is on the list. I far prefer a P to a J neck and I believe this is more of a hand filler.

4 hours ago, Low End Bee said:

this is more of a hand filler

F'narr.

• Haha 1

Well the Vintera arrived and it's awesome. I needed to change the strings to some Labella flats, and that really brought it to life. The weight is just right, I've not weighed it but it's comparable with my lightweight ACG basses. And it sits well too, rests more horizontally than my other basses but it's no bother, so no neck drive issues.

IMG_3386.jpg

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Grantd said:

Well the Vintera arrived and it's awesome. I needed to change the strings to some Labella flats, and that really brought it to life. The weight is just right, I've not weighed it but it's comparable with my lightweight ACG basses. And it sits well too, rests more horizontally than my other basses but it's no bother, so no neck drive issues.

IMG_3386.jpg

That looks lovely.

That looks awesome! How do the pups sound? Aside from their shape, are they just P pups?

They are similar to P pups in my view, but I think they have more mids and perhaps not as controlled as P bass pickups, but great character.

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 14:14, jrixn1 said:

They snared me as well with this strategy :biggrin:
I ordered a sunburst Vintera last week, arrived on Friday... heavier than I'd hoped (4kg) and more to the point, had some neck dive; but otherwise it played and sounded quite nice - but ultimately for whatever reason I didn't love it, so it's going back.

If it has the same neck as the JMJ I'm not surprised it wanted to be at least horizontal (the only mustang I've ever played that's happy with the neck at 45 degrees without assistance is my Mikey Way).  The P type profile, thicker front to back and thicker headstock is going to make it have that tendency.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ChrisJaxon
      Price now £280
      I have another bass in-coming, so one has to go, and up for sale is my Squier Contemporary Active HH Jazz 5-string in black. I bought this new in December 2018, and I have used it at a few gigs and jams, and it sounds great, especially with the wide variety of tones you can get from the two humbuckers with the bass and treble boosts. It can really growl as well as honk. It would be a slapper’s delight, but I do not do slap!
      The bass is essentially in as new condition, all original.
      Specification details and video review available on the Andertons website here
      Strung with d’Addario EXL170’s.
      I can post the bass if required, but personal collection and try-out preferred. I live near Stroud in Gloucestershire.

• By Can'tthinkofausername
      PRICE DROP: £240
      Offering up my Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz Bass for sale. These are highly regarded and for good reason: fantastic quality, super-solid and with a beautiful neck. Plays as well as any bass I own or have owned, and with a Gotoh 201 bridge, Di Marzio DP 123 pick-ups and a Kiogon ‘push/pull’ loom will be more than a match for many other modern Jazzes. Knobs swapped out too for a more authentic look. A few small bruises as shown. Selling as it just doesn’t get the playing time it truly deserves and I just seem to be more of a Precision man!  Original pickups also supplied. Collection from near Oxford initially please: questions welcomed!

• By Marc S
      It's with heavy heart that I put this bass up for sale, but needs must (with redundancy and a future house-move on the cards).
      In great condition for its' age, and a lovely player, with gorgeous vintage sound

There are a few dinks and dings on the bass, including a 2mm x 1.5mm x 1mm dink on the back of the neck, around fret 11 - easily filled, though it never bothered me actually.
      There's a light "bloom" of buckle rash in the usual place, which isn't easy to photograph.

The main thing to say about this bass, is that it's otherwise in great condition given it's approaching 40 years old. Somehow, this bass just feels and sounds absolutely awesome - it has a real vintage tone and feel. These basses are rated very highly by people who own and play them, and you have to try one to understand quite why. It's the best feeling and sounding P bass I've ever played.
      With the job situation being as it is, I have to sell something (not urgently - so no daft offers please) - I just need to thin the herd, as we will be moving house within the next 8 - 10 months, and are down-sizing. I'm gigging with another P bass these days - only because it is slightly lighter weight, and is another great bass. I can no longer justify 3x P basses, plus my P/J Limelight. I may even list another P over the coming days, and keep this one.... as I'm so torn

It weighs in at just a shade over 4kg - so is no boat anchor. Like I say, I've got 2 other P's which are lighter - though neither is in my favourite 3TSB, Rosewood, Tort combo. Mrs S said to me the other day "Do you really need two basses the same colour?" of my Roadworn Jazz!  I had the bass set up, including a light fret-dress & level, by A-strings of Treforest, near Pontypridd. The frets are in good condition, with plenty of life left in them. I believe everything else is original on the bass (as I was told by the previous BC owner). I did change the control knobs for an old 70's set, as they were in better condition (re the chrome)

It's currently wearing a set of worn-in Thomastik Flats. It came with some Dunlop flats, and I tried several other strings, but decided it just felt better with the TI's. I can let you have the Dunlops, or a new set of rounds if you prefer? But I'll leave the TI's on, as they just seem to suit the bass

Based in North Cardiff - but I can meet somewhere half way, as I've got amp headphones and a battery amp (Roland) to test at the ubiquitous Motorway services / pub
      Please note I am NOT looking for any trades at all, and would prefer not to post (abroad or UK) - I also want you to try this bass, and fall for it, like I did, and to know that you've got it safely in your hands
      In this moment of madness, as I'm typing this, I may decide to either sell another bass instead, or else change my mind completely.... lol

I'm asking slightly less than what I paid for it, given that I had the work done on the bass

• By goffman
      For sale is my Squier Classic Vibe 50s style tele bass in Butterscotch/blonde finish, fitted with D'addario Nylon Tapewound strings. This model in this finish is now discontinued.
      Anyone who has played a Classic Vibe series bass will know that their quality, sound and playability far surpasses the price tag. The bass plays very smoothly, great chunky neck, action set fairly low and the pickup sounds lovely, warm and thumpy paired with the Tapewound strings.  Electronics in good working order as is the truss rod and all other hardware. Bass is all original and pretty much 'as new' aside from a bit of discolouration of some of the hardware (as can be seen on the neck plate, machine-heads in the photos) none of which affects the playability or general workings of the bass.
      Bought a few years ago as a practice bass and has only really been used at home and in two rehearsals in total. Selling to free up some space in my little flat.
      This bass is really well made, plays and records as a fender/squier should.
      Cash on collection from SE4 (London) preferred as I've no box to ship the bass. 
      Cheers!