Why become a member? ×

New Squier Classic Vibe Mustang

Osiris

They snared me as well with this strategy :biggrin:
I ordered a sunburst Vintera last week, arrived on Friday... heavier than I'd hoped (4kg) and more to the point, had some neck dive; but otherwise it played and sounded quite nice - but ultimately for whatever reason I didn't love it, so it's going back.

Edited by jrixn1

3 minutes ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

Yep - my JMJ is sublime, but then I'd been wanting a daphne blue mustang with lollipop tuners for ages so its pretty much perfect to me.

But once you get over the colour and the tuners it’s got a great feel and sound. Should be on the list as a consideration. 

Well the Vintera arrived and it's awesome. I needed to change the strings to some Labella flats, and that really brought it to life. The weight is just right, I've not weighed it but it's comparable with my lightweight ACG basses. And it sits well too, rests more horizontally than my other basses but it's no bother, so no neck drive issues.

IMG_3386.jpg

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, Grantd said:

Well the Vintera arrived and it's awesome. I needed to change the strings to some Labella flats, and that really brought it to life. The weight is just right, I've not weighed it but it's comparable with my lightweight ACG basses. And it sits well too, rests more horizontally than my other basses but it's no bother, so no neck drive issues.

IMG_3386.jpg

That looks lovely.

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 14:14, jrixn1 said:

They snared me as well with this strategy :biggrin:
I ordered a sunburst Vintera last week, arrived on Friday... heavier than I'd hoped (4kg) and more to the point, had some neck dive; but otherwise it played and sounded quite nice - but ultimately for whatever reason I didn't love it, so it's going back.

If it has the same neck as the JMJ I'm not surprised it wanted to be at least horizontal (the only mustang I've ever played that's happy with the neck at 45 degrees without assistance is my Mikey Way).  The P type profile, thicker front to back and thicker headstock is going to make it have that tendency.

• 7 months later...
On 21/07/2019 at 02:28, jrixn1 said:

I'd almost made up my mind to pre-order one of these Classic Vibe Mustangs...

but then I saw this! 😍

343966.jpg

After an eight-month wait, I just picked up one of these (from GAK).  Seems nice.  The neck is gloss, and not super chunky (front to back).  Compared to the original "70s Classic Vibe" series (going on spec here - never owned one myself):

• the main reason I got it: walnut colour! (previously only available in black)
  • body wood is nato (previously basswood); my cheap digital kitchen scales claim 3.76kg which is nice
  • nut is slightly wider at 1.685" (previously 1.650")
  • I like the new larger "TV" logo
  • no tugbar or bridge cover
  • saddles are no longer brass
  • I think knobs changed from slightly rounder ones to now the proper flat-top ones.

2020_0317_12482100-01.900.jpeg

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Has anybody had a chance to get their hands on one of these yet? What's the verdict? My eldest (8, but a big 8, wears age 14 clothes) is struggling with my selection of full scale basses and he doesn't like the look of the 2 Ibanez short scale offerings... That's my excuse to buy one of these for myself!

3 hours ago, Bigwan said:

Has anybody had a chance to get their hands on one of these yet? What's the verdict? My eldest (8, but a big 8, wears age 14 clothes) is struggling with my selection of full scale basses and he doesn't like the look of the 2 Ibanez short scale offerings... 

No, I cancelled my order as it was taking too long, and now I think if I go for another short scale it will be one of the ibanez's.

Seems they still aren't out.

34 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

No, I cancelled my order as it was taking too long, and now I think if I go for another short scale it will be one of the ibanez's.

Seems they still aren't out.

A few places showing them in stock now, although we all know that could be wishful thinking! I might find out over the next 24-48 hours of my wanted ads aren't suitably fruitful...