Why become a member? ×

Mark King to Markbass

franzbassist

8 hours ago, MoJoKe said:

Really?  Not in my experience...

From what I’ve been told from others within the industry. As far as I understand it Marcus Miller is basically on a wage with them. Glad to be proven wrong if my information is dodgy :)

3 hours ago, Merton said:

From what I’ve been told from others within the industry. As far as I understand it Marcus Miller is basically on a wage with them. Glad to be proven wrong if my information is dodgy :)

Good for him if he is.

Every artist seems to need to diversify these days. The golden age of The Stones / Elton etc is long gone.

5 hours ago, Merton said:

As  fretmeister says, good for him; and I would add, "so what?"

Business is tight these days, the industry has changed, and very few manufacturers give away gear these days unless you have a Grammy, and if you do have a name/influence then that is worth something, of course... naive to think otherwise.  As well as being a genuinely really nice guy, Mr Miller must be a very astute business man, given the relationship he has evolved with Sire.  Good luck to him, and good luck to Mark King too...

And by the way, doesn't nearly every professional sportsman have deals with clothes, footwear, sports equipment brands...  I don't know why so many people discuss stuff like that here as though its dirty money and a bad thing...  Its just business.  Perhaps were all just jealous.

• Like 1

To be honest, if I like gear, I’ll but it because I believe in it.

The only thing that I’d really covet is a DR strings deal...

I don’t think I’d actually want my mug in a magazine so it can be pulled out 20 years later on a bass forum so my naff hair and dress sense could be ripped apart...

3 hours ago, MoJoKe said:

As  fretmeister says, good for him; and I would add, "so what?"

Business is tight these days, the industry has changed, and very few manufacturers give away gear these days unless you have a Grammy, and if you do have a name/influence then that is worth something, of course... naive to think otherwise.  As well as being a genuinely really nice guy, Mr Miller must be a very astute business man, given the relationship he has evolved with Sire.  Good luck to him, and good luck to Mark King too...

And by the way, doesn't nearly every professional sportsman have deals with clothes, footwear, sports equipment brands...  I don't know why so many people discuss stuff like that here as though its dirty money and a bad thing...  Its just business.  Perhaps were all just jealous.

Not saying it’s a bad thing, just saying I’m led to believe that’s what has occurred :)

Edited by Merton

The Marcus Miller range seems to be well thought of, and upgrade from the Little Mark 3.

If endorsements lead to more artist involvement, and gear improvements, then we're all winning! 

Or am I just trying to justify the future purchase of a MM product? 😮