Why become a member? ×

Mark King to Markbass

franzbassist

He looks delighted! 

30 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

Another enwhorsement chalked up!

I once suggested as much on a forum about a prominent endorser and I got a very interesting (and polite!) email direct from the guy, who explained that once you reach that rarified level, its as much about the artist support than the actual gear per se, so company X may be able to offer greater logistical support than company Y, even though to the outsider their products don’t seem ‘as good’. 

• Like 3

Mark K is probably the most capable in the UK in terms of getting people to buy gear. If Status need a cash injection, they release a new take on a King Bass or whatever bass he happens to be using at the time. There will be plenty of middle class bankers, doctors, solicitors queuing up to drop the cash.

Hell, that picture above has probably got more than a fair few Level 42 fans suddenly considering Mark Bass.

In reality, whatever Mark K is using is irrelevant. The sound out front is processed by the desk and what he is hearing will be coming from wedges - or for those on inears, processed signal in the desk from a DI.

The tone of a bass amp is becoming less and less relevant in these kind of scenarios.

It’s probably why there’s a load of guys scratching their heads trying to figure out why they can’t cop the same tone down the Dog and Duck... it’s the lack of Digicos, Midas, Allen and Heaths etc which is holding their tone quest back!

• Like 5

good luck on the support. despite having x3 mark bass heads over the years i never got one reply to any emails or facebook messages and posts about things like rack ears and specs - and i wanted to spend money with them.

Edited by la bam

2 hours ago, Jus Lukin said:

Says they have new frequency centres!

They're at 68hz, 400, 2.2khz and 10khz. I find the old LMII EQ really useful, personally, although ultimately a parametric is the way to go for me.

IMO MB's best current EQ, including semi para mids, is to be found on their new Marcus Limited range, which @fretmeisteris about to get.

If I was in the market for another MB head, the Marcus Limited 800 or 1000 would get my vote. They look excellent.