Why become a member? ×

Trace ELF combos

Tubster

Prompted by your question I've just had a quick look at these.

You can buy the head for £225 and the matching cab for £279, so the combo that brings these together costs £579. Really?

Makes more sense to buy the separates.

Makes even more sense to buy the head for £225 (I have one, and it's a very useful backup plus rehearsal tool) and a Barefaced One10 for £369, but that's just my opinion. 9_9

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

Prompted by your question I've just had a quick look at these.

You can buy the head for £225 and the matching cab for £279, so the combo that brings these together costs £579. Really?

Makes more sense to buy the separates.

Makes even more sense to buy the head for £225 (I have one, and it's a very useful backup plus rehearsal tool) and a Barefaced One10 for £369, but that's just my opinion. 9_9

Assume this is for the 1x10”? There is no 1x8” cab currently in Trace line up and the 1x8 combo is mostly where my interest lies.

I understand the case for separates which has been much debated here but combos is where I am at and it looks like Trace has made a compelling  shot at it. Love to hear from anyone who has one.

yes, ELF/Barefaced I’m sure is a great pairing.

However, take your point that separates make a more financially compelling case if you want to go 1x10”.

This is certainly the first 1x8 combo I have seen that looks a serious proposition. Perhaps there is little demand for such a thing?

1 hour ago, Tubster said:

Assume this is for the 1x10”? There is no 1x8” cab currently in Trace line up and the 1x8 combo is mostly where my interest lies.

I understand the case for separates which has been much debated here but combos is where I am at and it looks like Trace has made a compelling  shot at it. Love to hear from anyone who has one.

yes, ELF/Barefaced I’m sure is a great pairing.

However, take your point that separates make a more financially compelling case if you want to go 1x10”.

This is certainly the first 1x8 combo I have seen that looks a serious proposition. Perhaps there is little demand for such a thing?

The smallest Genz Shuttle combo is (was?) a 1x8, I would be surprised if the Trace was better, but if it is I’m also interested. There are almost no tiny giggable combos around, would be nice to have some more choice, they’re life savers for gigs that involve having to get on public transport. The latest Genzler stuff looks amazing but still too bulky for rush hour London hell.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 18/07/2019 at 08:53, Tubster said:

The new 1x8" and 1x10". Anyone got one of these? Would very much like to know more about them - so little out there. Thanks

Everyone replied to this but never really answered the question, apart from the finance side of it, I think Tubster was wanting to know how it sounded in a gig situation !

I don't have one, but I'm all ears to know how they sound at a gig and their reliability  lol    

Edited by whamni

On 26/10/2019 at 20:06, whamni said:

Everyone replied to this but never really answered the question, apart from the finance side of it, I think Tubster was wanting to know how it sounded in a gig situation !

I don't have one, but I'm all ears to know how they sound at a gig and their reliability  lol    

You are right, my original question is yet to be answered. While I completely understand why folk feel moved to suggest separate head and cab, I’m still very motivated to know about the sound and efficacy of the combos.

certainly seems that they’re not getting much traction in the UK market?!