Why become a member? ×

1969 Fender Precision Withdrawn
£3250
Hexham

walshy

So, wasn’t sure if I’d ever sell this one but seeing as my CAR ‘69 hasn’t sold ill put this up and whichever goes first I’ll keep the other one.

This is a 1969 Fender Precision Bass that is almost all original. The scratch plate is a new one and this could well be a refin, but carried out  a long time ago. Looks more like custard colour now. Had a partial refret too. Strung with La Bella Flats. It’s an amazing bass for 50yrs Old! Comes complete with authentic fag burns on headstock😂

Weight 3.8kg

Nut 40mm

It sounds pretty aggressive compared to the CAR and plays beautifully. Truss Rod works and has no issues at all. Please come and try anytime and it’s sale only, no trades.

Any questions or more pics let me know and I’ll get back to you. 

Paul

Edited by walshy
  • Like 5

You say "This is a 1969 Fender Precision Bass that is almost all original. The scratch plate is a new one and this could well be a refin"

it might be worth getting a professional opinion on whether the finish is original or not as this will greatly effect the value of your bass

GLWS

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

My favourite P bass combo, I want it. The Mrs won't have it though. The daughter was born on June 5th 1999 and I was born in 1966. Flip the 6 and hey presto. I think it's an omen but Mrs itsmedunc thinks I'm a prick. Obviously, a mere difference of opinion. 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, itsmedunc said:

My favourite P bass combo, I want it. The Mrs won't have it though. The daughter was born on June 5th 1999 and I was born in 1966. Flip the 6 and hey presto. I think it's an omen but Mrs itsmedunc thinks I'm a prick. Obviously, a mere difference of opinion. 😂😂😂😂

It’s deffo a sign mate! Bloody lovely bass too! Still got the FR800 😉 partial trade 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, walshy said:

It’s deffo a sign mate! Bloody lovely bass too! Still got the FR800 😉 partial trade 🤷‍♂️

If I had some cash, I'd go for it. Bad timing unfortunately. That's not a pun! 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, itsmedunc said:

Tell her it’s a pension investment.

• Like 1

On 17/07/2019 at 19:24, gareth said:

You say "This is a 1969 Fender Precision Bass that is almost all original. The scratch plate is a new one and this could well be a refin"

it might be worth getting a professional opinion on whether the finish is original or not as this will greatly effect the value of your bass

GLWS

The foam under the pickups looks too new as well, as do the solder joints on the pickups.

Definitely worth getting an expert opinion as if have questions about the wiring in general.