Why become a member? ×

New Precision...!

MoJoKe

My 37 year old "BFL" '57 JV has a new pal!

20190717_134529.thumb.jpg.c6916cd9bf5384e479d2d1dfe4a6e821.jpg

Tasty, and sounds awesome...  I also made a mistake with the new strings for it....  ordered some new Elixirs (all my basses get Elixir 14077 Nickels) and without noticing I accidentally pulled the trigger on Stainless Steels....  however, I am a complete convert!  lower tension, and easier to play....

Edited by MoJoKe
  • Like 9

Just now, Dood said:

I have to say, I am having a renewed love for P basses at the moment. Congrats, what a pair!

They just work!  I have been exclusively playing Lakland 5 strings for the last 5 years, but I have been finding the necks and 35" scale length harder to work with, so in my 60s band I want back to using my JV...  it was like reuniting with a long lost lover! 

7 minutes ago, MoJoKe said:

They just work!  I have been exclusively playing Lakland 5 strings for the last 5 years, but I have been finding the necks and 35" scale length harder to work with, so in my 60s band I want back to using my JV...  it was like reuniting with a long lost lover! 

See, whats happening in my head is that I'd like a bass that "does" P bass, but also is a 5 string.. and maybe an MM pickup on board too... and... flippin' GAS!!!

Thank you!  The new one is a Limelight...  the lightest one Mark has made yet, at 7.4 lb on my bathroom scales!

It has an ultra-light relic, as I just wanted it to match the "self-made" mojo of my JV, which I've had from new (1982) rather than looking beaten up!  I think he's done a cracking job.

On ‎18‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 08:27, CameronJ said:

You, sir, are in need of a Sandberg!

I was just about to say that, for two reasons:-

1) I'd love a Sandberg VM with P & MM pickups myself, actually, so I totally get where you're coming from on this; and

2) It was after watching Dan's video extolling the virtues of the Spectorcore fretless that I had to have one myself...so I want to return the compliment, or the GAS, whichever! :lol: Having said that, my Spectorcore is just one of my favourite basses ever, so my gratitude is eternal on that score.