Why become a member? ×

TRADED : Octave Trade Anyone?
£59
Bath

stewblack

I am involved in a long and winding search for an elusive octave sound. It is probably that synthy, bouncy sound the OC-2 is famous for. 

I have reached the TC Subnup which is a fine pedal with poly and mono options and of course the Toneprint setting which allows much variation. But it doesn't quite do that thing, the thing I'm after. 

I noticed the Valeton OC-10 is the same price as the Subnup and I haven't tried it yet. Anyone want a trade? 

Edited by stewblack
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, stewblack said:

I am involved in a long and winding search for an elusive octave sound. It is probably that synthy, bouncy sound the OC-2 is famous for. 

I have reached the TC Subnup which is a fine pedal with poly and mono options and of course the Toneprint setting which allows much variation. But it doesn't quite do that thing, the thing I'm after. 

I noticed the Valeton OC-10 is the same price as the Subnup and I haven't tried it yet. Anyone want a trade? 

I have a Mooer Tender Ocataver MK2, if you interested? has some cool tricks on it?

52 minutes ago, stewblack said:

OK so I messed up. The TC pedal is 15 quid more than the Valeton, so this is a bargain trade for someone. 

Yup agreed - it's definitely a more than fair trade on your part Stew 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

If you haven’t already tried then check out the MXR vintage bass octave and the 3Leaf Octabvre MKII or Mini. 

Thank you, I shall add them to the list! 

• Like 1

Yes but I was more excited by some of the others you have created. I wish they would release the new editor. You really dont need a load of presets when you have a great community as SA have just proven. BTW Im picking up my C4 today, I have to confess I got it from Rich tone after you recommended them so probably stole yours. Sorry. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hugsonic said:

Yes but I was more excited by some of the others you have created. I wish they would release the new editor. You really dont need a load of presets when you have a great community as SA have just proven. BTW Im picking up my C4 today, I have to confess I got it from Rich tone after you recommended them so probably stole yours. Sorry. :)

I got an email today saying mine was ready so either they got more in quickly or they gave me priority having been in touch about it before the launch. Also glad you’re supporting a shop with good customer service as opposed to other shops which treat their customers with contempt (cough, Bass Direct).

Andras and Zsolt are busy with the new editor. It got delayed because I and some others pushed for some extra features. It’ll definitely be worth it. Some of the presets I demoed wouldn’t have been possible had I not pushed for these. 

Edited by Quatschmacher

35 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

... treat their customers with contempt (cough, Bass Direct).

Bit harsh. Certainly doesn't apply to all his customers all of the time! I can only speak from my own experience but I've only ever had great customer service dealing with Bass Direct. And two of my largest single purchases (both basses) were from there. 

Edited by Al Krow

51 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Bit harsh. Certainly doesn't apply to all his customers all of the time! I can only speak from my own experience but I've only ever had great customer service dealing with Bass Direct. And two of my largest single purchases (both basses) were from there. 

It’s not harsh at all. I’m glad you had good experiences. Mine was awful and I’ve heard too many tales of similar experiences from others customers and manufacturers. It seems to be a bit of a lottery. 

1 minute ago, Quatschmacher said:

It’s not harsh at all. I’m glad you had good experiences. Mine was awful and I’ve heard too many tales of similar experiences from others customers and manufacturers. It seems to be a bit of a lottery. 

Really sorry to hear about your bad experience, that's never good. Just in my attempt for us to cut him some slack - he's a one man outfit who has to deal with on site customers as well as online ones and I guess he may sometimes be at full stretch. He has managed to provide great kit, often not available elsewhere, to us bassists and kept his little store going / made a living from it for over a decade. He was actually a really lovely guy when I met him in person a couple of month's back and passionate about all things bass.

• ped locked this topic