Why become a member? ×

Fender Custom Shop '64 Heavy Relic Precision Bass TRADED PENDING
£2250
Worcestershire

Wiggybass

Hello Basschatters

Time to move on my CS Precision...

This is a '64 CS Heavy Relic which means the finish is pretty battered, as you can see. It's reasonably light at about 9lb, currently wearing (and set up for) Dunlop Super Bright 45-105s which I think suit P's very well and give a fairly easy action while retaining some weight. Not pictured (because it's been in the loft since the day I bought this new about four years ago) is the unused CS case plus a complete set of untouched case candy and the CS certificate. I will replace the Dunlop strap locks with the original buttons prior to sale.

I've gigged it quite a bit and always enjoyed it but my tastes have changed somewhat and I have two other P's anyway. It sounds like a Precision should, I think - if you've read this far you'll have a good idea of what you're after.

I am willing to discuss the following trades:

* £2250 ovno in folding readies

* A Fender Custom Shop Jazz, ideally Relic or Closet Classic in white or sunburst, or a CS Geddy Lee

* (my ideal solution) a Yamaha Attitude Limited III, possibly a II depending on colour

UK deals only please. Based north Worcs and happy to travel / meet as necessary.  Thanks very much for looking!

Wiggybass

DKW_6022.jpg

DKW_6024.jpg

DKW_6026.jpg

DKW_6027.jpg

DKW_6028.jpg

DKW_6029.jpg

Edited by Wiggybass
  • Like 6

That's rather nice and good to see that the Custom Shop finally remembered that they used to have "clay" dots for that year, my Custom Shop 62 has normal white dots.....nothing major but an annoyance on what is supposed to be a top end reproduction!

GLWTS