Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Here are three Blues standards, based on the 12-bar blues sequence. All have slightly different chord changes though, and illustrate how these changes can make a memorable song.   You can use these techniques, such as substitution chords, in your own bass lines and song writing. 

There is a free downloadable PDF of these bass lines, with tab.  Click the link in the video description on YouTube. 

Enjoy the lesson, and please like and share this if you found it useful.

https://gregsbassshed.com/videos

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some nice lines there Greg, good choice, The thrill is gone and Black magic woman were some of the first lines I learnt...I have modified the thrill is gone to a slightly more funkier line over the years and actually forgotten the original line so it will be good to re-cap and re-learn it lol....keep 'em coming.
Some good Rhythm n Blues lessons would be nice....Cheers Bob.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, thebigyin said:

Some nice lines there Greg, good choice, The thrill is gone and Black magic woman were some of the first lines I learnt...I have modified the thrill is gone to a slightly more funkier line over the years and actually forgotten the original line so it will be good to re-cap and re-learn it lol....keep 'em coming.
Some good Rhythm n Blues lessons would be nice....Cheers Bob.

Thanks Bob, glad you like the lesson. 

Good suggestion to cover some Rhythm n Blues.  Were you meaning British Rhythm n Blues in particular? Any suggestions of artists you would like to see in that lesson?

Cheers Greg 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, greghagger said:

Thanks Bob, glad you like the lesson. 

Good suggestion to cover some Rhythm n Blues.  Were you meaning British Rhythm n Blues in particular? Any suggestions of artists you would like to see in that lesson?

Cheers Greg 

Hi Greg,
More American 60's RnB/Soul think James Jamerson, Tommy Cogbill, Jerry Jemmott, Willie Weeks, Duck Dunn ect, will leave the choice up to you, there's so much out there but to me the above represent that classic Motown, Soul and RnB era.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thebigyin said:

Hi Greg,
More American 60's RnB/Soul think James Jamerson, Tommy Cogbill, Jerry Jemmott, Willie Weeks, Duck Dunn ect, will leave the choice up to you, there's so much out there but to me the above represent that classic Motown, Soul and RnB era.

I’m with you now. Some great bass players you have listed there. I do have a Motown lesson planned, but a nice idea to showcase some of the bass players that sometimes get overlooked. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, greghagger said:

I’m with you now. Some great bass players you have listed there. I do have a Motown lesson planned, but a nice idea to showcase some of the bass players that sometimes get overlooked. 

Hi Greg sounds great looking forward to the Motown lesson.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • Similar Content

    • By greghagger
      Learn the best sounding walking bass lines for a Texas Blues. 
      In the video lesson I show you a Boogie line, the famous shuffle groove and other techniques to help your walking bass playing. 
      There are four exercises to take away and a Texas 12-Bar backing track for jamming too. 
       
       
    • By greghagger
      Bluegrass is a style that needs a bass player with great feel and a solid sound. 
      Traditional Bluegrass would be played on upright bass but it does work on electric bass too, with the right approach. 
      Learn how to put this into practice with pivotal bluegrass bass techniques. 
      In the video you also get to listen to a full Bluegrass band covering a Union Station song. 
       
       
    • By greghagger
      In the lesson I give you techniques to help play and create your own Walking Bass Lines for Shuffle Blues. 
      There is also a Backing Track For practicing and a bit of Blues history. 
      This is suitable for anyone wishing to start playing walking bass over 12-Bar Blues.
       
       
×
×
  • Create New...