Why become a member? ×

My(Our?) Moog Bass Journey....

knicknack

1 hour ago, meercatzbass said:

Hi all!

I am newbie to Basschat.uk and synthbass playing by Moog (started couple years back). Love the stuff over here. Here some of my attempts with this new instrument to me:

Looking forward to communicating with you all!

Good work on the Chaka tune. I learned this whole line on bass guitar by ear last summer and used my Future Impact/C4 to play it. I really should learn it in keys too. Such a great bass part. 

8 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Good work on the Chaka tune. I learned this whole line on bass guitar by ear last summer and used my Future Impact/C4 to play it. I really should learn it in keys too. Such a great bass part. 

Cheers! And thank you for your comment. We have already communicated on the Future Impact and synthesis topics earlier this year, which I am very grateful for :) I am working on the transcription at the same time for this Chaka tune. It is an excellent exercise both for playing and making the score notation.

Edited by meercatzbass
  • Like 1

@meercatzbass You've done a great job there... both on my to-do list and not at all easy!

Would you consider sharing your patches? I've uploaded most of my decent ones to this site, a great resource for several of the best used bass synths! Moog Sub 37 Patches, Presets, Soundsets and Sound Design. (presetpatch.com) Well worth a look!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, knicknack said:

@meercatzbass You've done a great job there... both on my to-do list and not at all easy!

Would you consider sharing your patches? I've uploaded most of my decent ones to this site, a great resource for several of the best used bass synths! Moog Sub 37 Patches, Presets, Soundsets and Sound Design. (presetpatch.com) Well worth a look!

Cheers @knicknack I will upload the presets shortly. Thanks so much for the link on your patches, will check them out shortly as well.

Edited by meercatzbass

On 08/03/2021 at 10:33, meercatzbass said:

Cheers @knicknack I will upload the presets shortly. Thanks so much for the link on your patches, will check them out shortly as well.

https://www.presetpatch.com/synth/moog-subsequent-37

Here is my attempt patch for the "We Can Work It Out". I have quite limited experience on any sound design as of now.

Edited by meercatzbass

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve stuck a few patches up I’ll add more later. 

@meercatzbass I’ve put my rendition of We Can Work It Out up (called “Greg P bass”).

https://www.presetpatch.com/user/Quatschmacher

@knicknack

A word of advice, if trying to import the new patches Moog just released be very careful - it replaces the entire 256 patches, even though there were only 32 in the new pack. I lost my most recent patch but luckily the rest were backed up. Tedious though to have to put stuff back on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, knicknack said:

@Quatschmacher I guess the question is, anything worth the upheaval for? Having a look both of your patches now!

There were a couple of patches I liked but fixing the problem took ages as I had to audition a bunch of stuff again. 

I'll upload some more interesting stuff. I might not post my really coolest stuff that I spent hours crafting  though. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...