Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn - Squier JV Precision
£725
Cardiff

Marc S

It's with heavy heart that I put this bass up for sale, but needs must (with redundancy and a future house-move on the cards).
In great condition for its' age, and a lovely player, with gorgeous vintage sound :)

There are a few dinks and dings on the bass, including a 2mm x 1.5mm x 1mm dink on the back of the neck, around fret 11 - easily filled, though it never bothered me actually.
There's a light "bloom" of buckle rash in the usual place, which isn't easy to photograph.

The main thing to say about this bass, is that it's otherwise in great condition given it's approaching 40 years old. Somehow, this bass just feels and sounds absolutely awesome - it has a real vintage tone and feel. These basses are rated very highly by people who own and play them, and you have to try one to understand quite why. It's the best feeling and sounding P bass I've ever played.

With the job situation being as it is, I have to sell something (not urgently - so no daft offers please) - I just need to thin the herd, as we will be moving house within the next 8 - 10 months, and are down-sizing. I'm gigging with another P bass these days - only because it is slightly lighter weight, and is another great bass. I can no longer justify 3x P basses, plus my P/J Limelight. I may even list another P over the coming days, and keep this one.... as I'm so torn :(

It weighs in at just a shade over 4kg - so is no boat anchor. Like I say, I've got 2 other P's which are lighter - though neither is in my favourite 3TSB, Rosewood, Tort combo. Mrs S said to me the other day "Do you really need two basses the same colour?" of my Roadworn Jazz! ;) I had the bass set up, including a light fret-dress & level, by A-strings of Treforest, near Pontypridd. The frets are in good condition, with plenty of life left in them. I believe everything else is original on the bass (as I was told by the previous BC owner). I did change the control knobs for an old 70's set, as they were in better condition (re the chrome)

It's currently wearing a set of worn-in Thomastik Flats. It came with some Dunlop flats, and I tried several other strings, but decided it just felt better with the TI's. I can let you have the Dunlops, or a new set of rounds if you prefer? But I'll leave the TI's on, as they just seem to suit the bass

Based in North Cardiff - but I can meet somewhere half way, as I've got amp headphones and a battery amp (Roland) to test at the ubiquitous Motorway services / pub
Please note I am NOT looking for any trades at all, and would prefer not to post (abroad or UK) - I also want you to try this bass, and fall for it, like I did, and to know that you've got it safely in your hands
In this moment of madness, as I'm typing this, I may decide to either sell another bass instead, or else change my mind completely.... lol

I'm asking slightly less than what I paid for it, given that I had the work done on the bass

IMG_20190716_075823137.jpg

IMG_20190716_075832780.jpg

IMG_20190716_075916577.jpg

IMG_20190716_075841492.jpg

IMG_20190716_075930685.jpg

IMG_20190704_200641077.jpg

IMG_20190716_080021491.jpg

IMG_20190716_080050733.jpg

IMG_20190716_075930685.jpg

Edited by Silvia Bluejay
Had deleted the subject line
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, bassadder said:

What's the trussrod like is there plenty left on it?

Yes, plenty. I tested this myself just before the set-up. I was swapping around between different tension strings (low tension Thomastiks, some higher tension Dunlops and I tried rounds on it too - just to see if I'd prefer them) The trussrod moves freely, and with bags of adjustment... Cheers now

• 4 weeks later...