Why become a member? ×

Custom Fretless Neck - Best Options

Linus27

Hi, I would like to get a maple fretless neck made for my natural Fender Precision bass. The idea is so it's a replica of Sting's fretless maple Fender Precision as seen in the pictures. Apart from Jon Shuker, are there any other options available to me? I'm in the south so a bit of a trek to head up to Shuker although I would if it's the best option. Thanks in advance for the help.

7d3e383773c4ffc3e268a18e03dba2b2.jpg

image.jpg

In less than 7 days it arrived today form China. At first glance the fingerboard is a nice piece of slightly flamed maple. It has a coating on it that looks like a typical poly neck finish.

I'll be using flats on it so it should be ok. It looks to be very well made. When you hold it up to the light, it's not perfect but from further away it does look really good. At under £60 I'm not going to complain.

I just need to decide whether to withdraw my Geddy Jazz, fit it to my Thomann Deko jazz or buy a cheap precision body and a set of pickups. I have most of the other parts that I need so may go with this option. Gear4Music do natural finish P bass ash bodies for £40 plus postage which are all ready to go.

I'l post a couple of pics when I'm back home.