Left leaderboard
mark@seeker

Lakland Skyline 44-64 Custom PJ Natural - As New (Price Reduction: £800)
£900
Shoreham-By-Sea

Now reduced to £800. 🤩

I bought this new this year. It's only been used a handful of times because I'm playing bass a lot less due to family circumstances now. Beautiful natural finish and solid tone with a nice bit of grrr typical of Lakland basses. I hadn't intended on selling it, but it appears buying some bikes for my kids and teaching them to ride might need to be a higher priority for me at the moment.

Collection is preferred, but I can ship at extra cost.

Message me with any questions. 

The 44-64 is modelled after the venerable workhorse '64 P bass. One custom-wound Lakland pickup provides a bruising punch and drive that nails the vintage split humbucker tone, sending it through the roof with full voicing and modern energy. The body and 34" scale maple neck have an excellent balance.

Specification

• Nut Width: 1.5"
  • Nut Type: Delrin
  • Fret Size: .041/.085"
  • Width at Final Fret: 2.48"
  • 1st Fret Neck Depth: .76"
  • 12th Fret Neck Depth: .94"
  • Fingerboard Radius: 10"
  • Scale Length: 34"
  • Frets: 20
  • Bridge String Spacing: .78"
  • Neck Wood: Flat-Sawn Rock Maple
  • Body wood: Ash
  • Fingerboard: Fretted Maple
  • Tuners: Hipshot Lisc. Ultra-Lite's
  • Truss Rod Access: Neck Heel: 4mm Hex
  • Pickguard: Black
  • Controls: Volume/Tone
  • Bridge: Lakland Dual Access

2111221385_Lakland44-64.jpg.5de1f536f1004392ee3220b9fb417b86.jpg282297818_Lakland44-64i.jpg.41453d380c055a504aad85e32e2eaa20.jpg744632624_Lakland44-64b.jpg.185fc2535b3a1d395512d9e982cb0baf.jpg748193459_Lakland44-64c.jpg.c735ddfa966e66faeb80106679346e05.jpg714863161_Lakland44-64f.jpg.366463001fe734362afb15fd2b4fb106.jpg1024669492_Lakland44-64g.jpg.4a5bb45c1949ab699dc71bf1d244db1b.jpg

Lakland 44-64 e.jpg

Lakland 44-64 h.jpg

Edited by [email protected]
Price reduced
  • Like 2

These are bloody excellent. I tried one at GuitarGuitar a year or so ago and was very impressed. Lakland make fantastic gear.

• Like 1

"...and I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those meddling kids....!"   (Scooby doo!)

9 hours ago, phsycoandy said:

are these 35" scale?

On 15/07/2019 at 17:18, [email protected] said:

The body and 34" scale maple neck have an excellent balance...

Specification

• Scale Length: 34"
  • Frets: 20...

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By phagor
      For sale is this rather fetching Fender Elite Precision PJ which I bought new last May, and has been used for a couple of gigs and a session, so is in very good condition.
      Alder body, maple neck and ebony fingerboard. Metallic jade finish looks green-tinted gold, with parchment tort scratchplate and chrome hardware.
      The Elites have a number of nice features over previous series, including:
      Compound neck profile - C at the nut through to D up the neck Improved neck joint and cutaway 21 frets HiMass bridge, bone nut Spoke wheel truss rod adjustment Fender Elite Precision neck pickup, Fender Noiseless bridge pickup 18 V preamp with bass, mid and treble controls Active/passive switch, treble becomes a tone control in passive Option of through-body stringing This is the first Fender PJ I've played where the neck pickup sounds like a real precision. The bridge pickup can add bite or with the mid control up and treble down gets into Jaco territory. Both pickups with treble is a great modern pick or slap tone. A real all-rounder. Very light and easy to play too.
      It does have two scratches on the bottom of the body - where I was a bit careless putting it in a soft case with zips. Hard to see in normal light - see photos.
      Currently wearing a set of nearly-new DR Hi-beams. Comes with an unused SKB TSA-approved flight case, tools, strap locks etc.
      I'm only selling because sadly, with no gigs in the diary, something has to go.
      No trades, sorry. Happy for anyone to try/collect from South London/Surrey (KT4). I can arrange delivery at the buyer's expense.

My feedback: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/174020-feedback-for-phagor

• By SurroundedByManatees
      Gibson SB-450 
      Cool and rare Gibson from the '70s. Apparently less then 1.000 were made, so there aren't too many of them around. 
      Pictures:

As you can see from the pictures, the bass has been used. It has a lot of user marks and finish checking all over. The bridge has been replaced (original one in poor condition is still there), as well as the truss rod cover. It should be mentioned that the plastic cover of the bridge pickup has broken at the point where the adjustment screw enters. Someone tried to melt it together again, but its still loose. I've set the hight, and left it this way. 
      Further this bass is in good functional condition. The neck is straight and all hardware and electronics function like they should. 
      This bass plays and sounds great. It has an open, clear and full punchy sound. Not what is usually expected from a Gibson. It's also a very light instrument; my kitchen scale says it's only 3,35 kilos! 
      The original hardcase is included. 
      Asking €1.100 (approx £975)
      The bass is located in the Netherlands. Shipping is not a problem. 
    • By dmz
      Up for grabs here is a beautiful fretless jazz bass I put together in 2009.
      Ash body was obtained from Edenhaus in the States and is lacquered with satin poly.
      Neck is from Status Graphite and is equipped with Hipshot Ultralite tuners. The neck has a “B” profile so halfway between a Jazz and a Precision neck with regard to nut width (41mm).
      Pickups are DiMarzio Ultra Jazz and bridge is a Badass 3 that allows for through body or more traditional attachment. Controls are dual concentric for bass and tone (passive).
       I got Martin Petersen at the Bass Gallery to put all the bits together and as you can see he did a great job.
      Bass is in great shape although I have pointed out in the photos a couple of dings (bloody cat 🤨).  Strung with Status half grounds it does sound as good as it looks. Weight is 3.9kg.
      Comes with gig bag so would prefer collection or meeting up to hand over. 
      Happy to ship but at buyers expense and risk. Could remove neck from body and box up well wrapped. Have tons of bubble wrap from house move.
      No trades I’m afraid as a house move means cash or a BACS bank transfer.
      I’m just off J23a of the M4 near Newport in South Wales 

• By ladze
      Up for sale/trade is my really exceptional bass US Lakland 44-64 PJ with the Jazz bass neck profile (nut 1.5" = 38mm).
      Serial number BG20 means that is the first year of Bob Glaub - 44-64 production (2001) and it is supposed to be the first PJ in the US Lakland production history.

Alder body, maple neck in quarter-sawn cut (I have never seen such a nice and even cut), rosewood fingerboard, Lake Placid Blue colour, Lindy Fralin pickups, Hipshot tuning machines and special designed bridge with two options of strings installation - "through body" and classic "on bridge", Elixir nickel wound strings, original pickup cover and GATOR foam case included.
      Weight 4,3kg. There are couple of scratches and dings on the body but the bass is in great condition at all. This bass sounds really amazing!!!

More photos on request.
      Price 1999 GBP + shipping.