Why become a member? ×

Foam Inserts for hard cases

W1_Pro

After an unpleasant incident involving a gig bag, a floor and a detached headstock, I have come to the conclusion that my days of using gig bags are over. So here's my question. I have a couple of generic square hard cases, and I use two matching, but odd shaped basses. Does anyone know of a maker of shaped,  foam inserts for square hard cases?

Thanks gents...

I made my own, using a fairly high density foam bought from an upholstery supplier, and with Mrs B’s help, covered it in suitable fabric bought,IIRC,  from John Lewis.  Copydex and a staple gun used to fix it in the case (which I’d also made myself).

The best way to cut foam, by the way, is to use a very sharp carving knife (not serrated).

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Baxlin said:

I made my own, using a fairly high density foam bought from an upholstery supplier, and with Mrs B’s help, covered it in suitable fabric bought,IIRC,  from John Lewis.  Copydex and a staple gun used to fix it in the case (which I’d also made myself).

The best way to cut foam, by the way, is to use a very sharp carving knife (not serrated).

Friend of mine who used to make cases used an electric carving knife to cut the foam with great results.

• Like 1

I would definitely go down the route of making one , if you get the foam at the right depth you need for the case , you can draw round it with a felt pen and as baxlin says cut it out carefully with a craft knife and glue it in , and if you really wanted to you can cover the foam with a suitable material of your choice to really finish it off 🙂

• Like 1