Why become a member? ×

Pickup screw

Dov65

A bit downtime today so went about setting up a Schecter i got a wee while ago, everything fine till i adjusted pickup height when one machine screw pulled the thread insert out..its still quite tight pushing the insert back in, i'm thinking glue/super glue or whatevers best, i really don't know...thanks in advance for any info

20190714_164948.jpg

Put a drop of water in the hole and if you have one and one tat will fit stick a warm but not up to temperature soldering iron tip in the hole. The water should boil, this will reinflate the crushed wood fibres. Do that a couple if times ot 3 or 4 if you don't have te soldering iron. Leave it to dry overnight, run a little medium or thin superglue over the hole sides and tap in the insert with a screw with some wax on it so it doesn't accidentally get glued in or the threads clogged. Should do the job as good as new or even better

• Thanks 1

Thanks very much folks 👍..didn't expect that to happen today, i'll get the glue and get it fixed tomorrow. By the way Christine the T cut worked a treat, couple of hours and job was done...thanks again & cheers

• Like 1