Why become a member? ×

Help!

DJpullchord

Could be a couple of things, wrong scale length (you've got a long scale bass and have bought short scale strings) or they haven't been pulled through the bridge correctly. 

Either way, nope you can't use them this afternoon unfortunately, back on with the old ones and out with the tape measure (nut to bridge) to confirm your scale length (measure in inches). 

What I'm going to tell you now is highly controversial and, if seen by those in power at BC Towers will likely get me thrown out of the group. 

But... 

For a short term solution to get that bright, new string sound, pop your old strings in a pan of boiling water for a few minutes. Dry em very well, get em back on and bingo, you have brightness again. Probably only last for a few days, but it's a quick win. Used to do it all time when I was a youngster and couldn't afford new strings. 

Keep it under your hat though eh..? 😉😬

Nut to longest bridge, about 35 1/4 “.

The strings do go through the body.

Is this long? Just feels like a normal bass guitar to me.....

The strings are custom gauge regular slinky, rounwound. Says nothing about diddy length on packet.....

The strings were only a tenner there’s no tears.