Why become a member? ×

IEM Personal Mixer Routing

funky8884

Hi,

I am looking at taking an Aux send from our main PA Mixer ( guitars, keys vox ) and sending it to my personal mixer which will supply my IEM's

The personal mixer will a bass signal and also my mic signal so I can have some extra "me" in the IEM's if needed

Is there a way I can use a Limiter to stop any spikes going to the headphone out on a mixer like this ?  https://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_xenyx_1202.htm 

I hope that makes sense

Thanks 

What mixer are you using? If you are using digital, you should be able to set a “brick wall” limiter on you aux. (20:1 compression ratio and set the threshold appropriately. Fast attack, slow release)

just engaged brain - you’ve stated your mixer setup...  - change your mixer or get an outboard compressor and dial in the above. But that’s going to be difficult to integrate with your setup. Best thing is always get your functionality in your main mixer. It’ll be better and work out cheaper too. Getting something like a XR12 would be a good Swiss Army knife for your setup. (Using it as a slave IEM mixer)

Edited by EBS_freak

On 15/07/2019 at 10:49, EBS_freak said:

Although the better move would be to change the foh for XR18 and do it all in one box.

An XR12 as a monitor mixer sure is a solution, but I'd be convincing my band to do this... in fact I did just over 6 months ago and it's been a godsend!

• Like 1