Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Dubster 2

Al Krow

24 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Thanks jazzy, do they sound good on their own, they aren’t too boomy are they 

I think that may be dependent on the room. I have used mine on large stages and once in an outdoor gig and it sounded fine. I have never heard any mud or boominess. The band I play in, do classic reggae from late 70's early 80's and so I whilst the cab is really heavy on the bottom end it's probably too much so for that era unless you are doing dub and not going through the PA. But there is enough low mids to keep the note clarity but as I mentioned earlier i think it is a much more balanced sound with a big baby II. Actually what Alex recommended was putting my power amp into bridge mode and put them both on the same channel and they will blend nicely. I did that and it does work well but having the two cabs on different channels means I can control the volumes independently and adjust the Dubster so that it does not overpower the overall sound of the bass. 

To be honest if you A & B'd it side by side with a Big Twin 2 with the tweeter off, the amount of low end difference I hear is not that dramatic. 

Edited by jazzyvee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...