Why become a member? ×

Who lives in Liverpool??

My dream rig in 1980 after seeing Mark King use one (albeit 8 x 10" cab) and finally got the full rig (AH250, 2 x 4 x 10") in '84. I could just get the whole rig, plus one bass, into the back of my little Datsun Sunny estate with the back seat down. Happy days.

14 hours ago, NikNik said:

My dream rig in 1980 after seeing Mark King use one (albeit 8 x 10" cab) and finally got the full rig (AH250, 2 x 4 x 10") in '84. I could just get the whole rig, plus one bass, into the back of my little Datsun Sunny estate with the back seat down. Happy days.

That must have cost an arm and a leg. I didn't realist that they went back as early as that. I started playing in 1988 and these only existed in magazines, well out of reach for a 15 year old! 

This is pretty close to me, I'd be interested to see how much it goes for. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bigthumb said:

That must have cost an arm and a leg. I didn't realist that they went back as early as that. I started playing in 1988 and these only existed in magazines, well out of reach for a 15 year old! 

This is pretty close to me, I'd be interested to see how much it goes for. 

No way could I have afforded a whole new rig. I bought the AH250 first. It was 2nd-hand, one of the wooden sleeved ones, as were the two cabs that followed a couple of months later. Eventually split the rig when I moved out of town several years later.

The Trace stuff often goes for nothing and its such a great tone. I wonder what it'll end up going for but what a classic. I used to play a big rig at our practice suite with some huge I think 8 x 10 cab sitting under it with my old band and it would knock you off your feet.

• 2 weeks later...