Why become a member? ×

Sandberg California VS4. NO LONGER AVAILABLE
£790
paisley

jezzaboy

I have owned this from new and got it last December. I used it in my tribute band but we rarely gig now and my P bass suits the look better so it been sitting in its case looking rather bored.

Ash body, maple neck: the dot markers are actually stickers and can be easily removed if you like, Sandberg 2 band eq with passive option, the treble works as a tone control in passive, 39.5 mm at the neck, lightweight tuners, weight is around the 9 lb mark, Sandberg gig bag included. Fitted with Fender flats. Just in case you can`t see from the photos, the body is an open pore finish like those Fenders from a few years back.

The bass is in good condition but there is a mark right at the end of the headstock as you can see in the photo and the black pickgaurd has a bit of swirling that you get on black plastic. You cant see it when looking at the bass normally but you can if you tip it into the light, nothing serious I just like to be upfront about these things.. The two lines on the back are just the grain pattern.

.20190713_110157.thumb.jpg.02c44ec58655baae546a801246ad8c02.jpg

Edited by jezzaboy
  • Like 2

As I have my eye on something else, this is now for sale only at the frankly bargain price of £750!

Yep thats right, a full fat German made Sandy for a hundred odd quid more than a MIM fender. 

Must be the heat :crazy:

• Like 1

Advanced issues found

33 minutes ago, jezzaboy said:

Plays like butter...

Aye - frozen or melted butter is it? Or that halfway sticks to every feckin' thing stage?

PS: You forgot to say: "I know I'll regret this, but..."

• Haha 1

Well guys and gals to say I`m disappointed is an understatement. 1200 bloomin views and not one offer, not even a cheeky I`m so offended you offered me so little for this piece of quality German engineering! :D

So that means either nobody likes it or it`s too expensive. After having a look around at the sort of prices on the market place, I will offer this for a very final price drop to £700, I will go no lower as I`m taking a bit of a drubbing on it already. If it doesn`t go at this price yer all mad!! Or skint. Or maybe you are sick of sunburst and maple?

I would much rather meet up to hand over the bass and don`t mind a bit of a drive within reason. Any questions please pm me.

Ta!

Edited by jezzaboy
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, lou24d53 said:

I keep coming back to this. Looks awesome, but I've really no interest in Active basses, can it be used as / converted to Passive?

I have used it in passive, all you have to do is pull out the tone knob and Bob`s your funny auntie. The active is good if you are using shared backline and need that extra boost to sort out your sound.

You are but a hop and a skip form Sunny Paisley and I have an ABM set up you can try the bass through. There is also Tea and mint, yep mint, kit kats* available whilst you have a play.

*All the mint kit kats may be gone but an alternative from Aldi`s will be available*

• Haha 2

On 21/08/2019 at 09:16, redreni said:

im looking at Sandbergs but its a bit of a trek from Derby!

I`m just happy to get a reply from somebody after all those views! :D

Remember I don`t mind travelling to meet up, just ask.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, jezzaboy said:

I`m just happy to get a reply from somebody after all those views! :D

Remember I don`t mind travelling to meet up, just ask.

defo interested.  will have a think but a meetup somewhere would work! 

• 2 weeks later...

This for sale advert has had 3300 + views and no firm offers. So I ask myself, who is looking at it? Is it the same person 3000 + times? :D

In the meantime here is a picture of my cute little bundle of fur named Roxy. Woof!! Or it`s more of a Yip really.

20180104_084407.thumb.jpg.001d5fbecd2d8469d0ba45707e9d3f4d.jpg

Edited by jezzaboy
  • Like 3